Trusted Contributor

Congratulations!!! What GREAT news!! How sweet that you ache to be with your granddaughter -- she is one lucky girl!

Esteemed Contributor

Ah, enjoy being that significant, unconditional loving person in your grandchild's life. How wonderful for you

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

You think as a parent you love your kids...then along come grandkids a extension of those kids and watch out!! Your life revolves around them LOL..

For a variety of reasons (college, disabled DH and my job is all over the map...time, travel, commute, call out all hours, on call..I work with mentally ll..triage ER..court..case mgt..ect..easier to explain why my schedule is crazy and I need somebody with DH) my Daughter, SIL and their ten month old live with us...I can't describe the joy of coming home to him daily LOL..

My son, GF and 2.5 year old son live literally one tenth mile down the road...they are here often as Mommy has crazy hours and is also going to college...the once fussy Mom whose house was like a magazine picture now is kid central LOL..

Grandkids are a whole new lifestyle...everything is about them...and we wouldn't have it any other way lol..

Congratulations and ENJOY the new precious bundle...I too was in the delivery room with my oldest grandson..my daughter had a C-section so only Hubby was allowed..it was all good..

grandkids ..If you have them..you kmow what I mean..if you don't ..you are in for the treat of your life.

Super Contributor

Congrats Grandma...there is nothing better than being a Grandma!

Super Contributor

Thanks all!

When we come home from visiting, my husband is sad, he says "It feels like the day after Christmas"...

My husband wanted a big family, but I stopped it at 2 kids for health reasons, I think it just brings all that back and kind of saddens him that we didn't have more kids.

Respected Contributor
On 11/21/2014 BaileyandBella said:

My son and DIL had their baby girl. My husband and I are just over the moon!

One drawback about being a Grandparent is that you can't be with them all the time! LOL I am sure that feeling will wane, but my heart just aches to be with her!

My DIL wanted me in the delivery room with her, what a blessing to see my Granddaughter be born.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Congratulations! How's mama, daddy and the baby? {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Congratulations to you and the family. Let us know what they name their little girl.

How wonderful that your DIL wanted you to be in the delivery room. You are obviously a loving MIL.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations!Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••