Respected Contributor

Re: I am SOOOOO tired of Halloween, and it's still

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Halloween..........but then I love all the holidays.......it's a kick to see all the kids in their costumes......to decorate, love this time of year...............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Trusted Contributor

I wish all the Halloween fans a very happy day today!

I'm glad November 1 is tomorrow...now it's only 4 days till all the election cr*p will be over (I hope!!).

Next, it's time to be inundated with Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Christmas stuff...LOL {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Hope everyone has a "spooktacular" day today and that all the kidlets and adults have a fun and happy time! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Hang in there; just a few more hours. Then, starting tomorrow, you can be sick of Christmas.

I was scanning through my cable tv schedule last night, just browing to see what's on tonight & tomorrow. Some channels are already starting with the Christmas-themed movies starting on Saturday. Sigh.

Super Contributor

I like Halloween and don't mind the decorations, etc. However, in my city, Christmas hit the stores way, way before Halloween was even close. Macy's had trees up and decorations for sale two weeks ago.

Honored Contributor

On 10/24/2014 littleblueparakeet2 said:

These guys love Halloween:

My new collie, Cassidy, looks like the second from the left. She's been very, very sick, critically Ill, but after over $2,000 in medical services this week, she's now on the mend. She's had Immune Mediated Poly Arthritis, an auto immune disease.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Halloween was a very happy time when we were children, but I admit to wondering how it can be anyone's 'favorite' holiday as an adult. Each to their own, though and I'm not at all tired of it. I have no problem with there being a focus on it... I am wondering though, where everyone is seeing all the scary movies, etc...? I'm seeing a lot of candy and costumes in stores and a few outdoor decorations, surely more than when I was growing up, but that's about it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 10/31/2014 stevieb said:

Halloween was a very happy time when we were children, but I admit to wondering how it can be anyone's 'favorite' holiday as an adult. Each to their own, though and I'm not at all tired of it. I have no problem with there being a focus on it... I am wondering though, where everyone is seeing all the scary movies, etc...? I'm seeing a lot of candy and costumes in stores and a few outdoor decorations, surely more than when I was growing up, but that's about it...

Like any other holiday, favorites are simply a matter of preference.

Some like Halloween because of happy memories. Some like it because the Fall season is a beautiful time of year. The colors associated with the season are stunning.

I've always liked the spooky aspects and as I've studied the history of Halloween I am especially drawn to the history and meanings of the day.

Some call XMas or Easter their favorites. Does that seem odd too?

~Enough is enough~