Trusted Contributor

I am Considering AmazonFresh--I Think it will be Great for Me

I don't drive ( I have a pristine driving record lol) and live in the cold Northeast so it is hard for me to go grocery shopping. I find myself ordering in so much that it is embarrasing.I am so happy I checked my email and saw the offer for one month of AmazonFresh. I had never heard of it and was so glad to see that it is a food delivering service that delivers to my area! The cost is 300 a year but you do get a Prime Membership with that. I justify it because It will motivate me to buy healthy food and prepare meals that are cheaper that ordering food. You get the food the next day and   it is Amazon so they have soooo many options. Are any of you familiar with it?

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

Re: I am Considering AmazonFresh--I Think it will be Great for Me

@JBKO

Whatever works for you.  We all have something special we would like to do for ourselves.  Is this like a grocery store, or is it a package that comes each week?  I am going to read about it.

I think whatever will motivate you to not order restaurant food, LOL!  But don't be embarrassed.  Many people order out everyday.  Not healthy, but they do.  My daughter worked in an exclusive restaurant in LA, and she had a couple men who had the same thing sent out 3 days a week for the entire 3 years she worked there.  Same thing!

If it weren't for my husband I would order one of those organic meals made up for the week!  Expensive.  But it would be nice to eat something healthy and DIFFERENT everyday I didn't have to cook!  48 years of cooking for someone else, and I am sooooo done!  By dinnertime I am tired, I hate the mess and having to clean that late!

Honored Contributor

I don't know what this is, or if it's available where I live.  I've used Amazon Prime Pantry..it's for dried or canned items, as well as paper goods and cleaning items.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon Fresh is not available in my area. But it got me thinking . . . Does our largest grocery chain offer home delivery? Went online and, yes, they do! If you order $100 or more, delivery is free. They deliver in four hours after placing order. Maybe one of your grocery chains offers a similar service. I doubt I will use it much, but if I get sick, I absolutely will!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JBKO

look and see if your grocery store offers delivery services via the internet, might be cheaper than the $300 fee.

the ones around here do but my spouse loves to go grocery shopping, I don't---- I would order

One of them will do the order for you and you just go and pick it up that is another option too. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a grocery store (HyVee)  that delivers but they are 45 miles away.  They charge $27.  You might say Amazon's fee is more like $200 since you get Prime for free.  7 deliveries and you've spent the $200 Amazon charges.

I wouldn't normally consider paying the $27 to have my groceries delivered, but this grocery store has so many more choices than our local Walmart.

I'm gong to go look at Amazonfresh, but I really doubt they will service our area.  We are in the sticks.

Thanks for bringing it up though!

Esteemed Contributor

@mima wrote:

We have a grocery store (HyVee)  that delivers but they are 45 miles away.  They charge $27.  You might say Amazon's fee is more like $200 since you get Prime for free.  7 deliveries and you've spent the $200 Amazon charges.

I wouldn't normally consider paying the $27 to have my groceries delivered, but this grocery store has so many more choices than our local Walmart.

I'm gong to go look at Amazonfresh, but I really doubt they will service our area.  We are in the sticks.

Thanks for bringing it up though!

@mima, HyVee is the chain I referenced in my earlier post that will deliver for free if the order is over $100, but they didn't specify a maximum distance. My old house was in the country 35 miles away, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that for free! Now, I'm about 2 miles from the closest one so it makes sense.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Is it that you are not able to drive? Maybe you could go with a friend?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I'm not sure who you are referring to.  If you are referring to me...I do drive. I also work.  On my days off I don't feel like driving 90 miles round trip to go get groceries.  You have to count gas, wear and tear on the car and your time.

I'd much rather pay $27 to have my groceries delivered to me.  I would buy a lot to make the delivery worth my time.

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I'm not sure who you are referring to.  If you are referring to me...I do drive. I also work.  On my days off I don't feel like driving 90 miles round trip to go get groceries.  You have to count gas, wear and tear on the car and your time.

I'd much rather pay $27 to have my groceries delivered to me.  I would buy a lot to make the delivery worth my time.

My question was to the op?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.