Valued Contributor

@CelticCrafter 

It is a community driveway. They can get in thru a driveway a block over, but most who are in my little group use the one by my townhome. I am sending a check because I deducted the amount of overcharges and I talked to my bank about a new debit card.

@Peaches McPhee 

I have the driveway plowed because if I didn't it wouldn't get done. My next door neighbor and I are also the only ones who shovel our sidewalks.

cookin

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

The fact that she has your debit card and can charge it at whim for wherever she wants is worrisome. 

One more reason to not own a debit card 

That's funny.  LOL how is it the debit card's fault.  LOL  If they had a credit card number, they would be charging that.   

Honored Contributor

You can dispute a charge on your credit card and they will investigate but very much harder to dispute when the charge is to a debit card. 

Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to buy a snow blower and more fun to do it yourself.

Have you reported this company to the Better Business Bureau?

Honored Contributor

Re: I also need to vent

[ Edited ]

@cookinfreak wrote:

@CelticCrafter 

It is a community driveway. They can get in thru a driveway a block over, but most who are in my little group use the one by my townhome. I am sending a check because I deducted the amount of overcharges and I talked to my bank about a new debit card.

@Peaches McPhee 

I have the driveway plowed because if I didn't it wouldn't get done. My next door neighbor and I are also the only ones who shovel our sidewalks.

cookin

@cookinfreak 

You are very generous.

I would expect those in my little group to contribute.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

If this your personal driveway on your personal lot, why is there access for others?  Might to think about liability.

If it is actually an easement you are granting, there should be documented rights and responsibilities.  Like cost sharing.

Or is it actually a private road and state law will determine cost sharing.

Or is it a common area, limited or not.  In which case there should be documentation, and cost sharing.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand how this driveway is used by others to reach their townhomes.

I don't understand why a check is being sent if the debit card was already used by this company.

I don't understand this story at all.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Contributor

I had a similar problem and I cancelled and replaced the credit/debit card.  I proved to the bank that i had tried to contact the vendor , they investigated and the money refunded.  Some people know how difficult this is ,and are scammers.  I am sorry you ran into one

Honored Contributor

I'd only be paying what I felt was enough to get her to call me, if I were you.  Then you'll hear from her!

Honored Contributor
I'm just glad I live in South Central Texas and don't have to worry about snow plowing...Good luck
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I also need to vent

[ Edited ]

Maybe they are charging according to the amount of snow that has to be removed. In that case it won't always be $95.

@cookinfreak 

I'm with some of the Posters in wondering why are you sending them a Check when your Card has already been charged. Are you talking about payment for  future snow removal?