Respected Contributor

Re: I Will Never Understand Some People

We had a long time planned trip to Boston for week of june 12. Since the window was closing as to cancellations we just cancelled. I know it is not as bad as NYC or Philly but we could not take the chance. Everything was outdoors. 4 days of walking, exploring and Fenway.

Speaking of Fenway, we purchased tickets a few months ago. I understand that all sales are final. We tried to list on Stub Hub and were "stuck" in the process. It kept asking for the bar code # on the ticket. Finally called the ticket office and got the answer that our e-tickets would be finalized 48 hours before the game. We are not scalpers just would like to recover some of the ticket money. 

Why people take unnecessary risks is just one of life's mysteries.

Honored Contributor

People evaluate the reward against the risk.

Women die in childbirth, especially in the US, driving is risky, there are crashes and fatalities, prescription drugs all have side effects with death a possibility in some...

A reward that's worth the risk to one, may not be worth it to another.

Honored Contributor

Some people on my Nextdoor posted that they smelled smoke.  They asked if anyone else smelled it or knew what it was.

They must be living under the proverbial rock.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Some people on my Nextdoor posted that they smelled smoke.  They asked if anyone else smelled it or knew what it was.

They must be living under the proverbial rock.

My sister is one of those under that rock! She was going on the Boston trip next week. I called her on Monday to discuss the air quality and even sent her pictures and news. Totally oblivious!

Her definition of the news is what happened on The View or Dr Phil

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why some people are so concerned what other people do.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

Son and DIL on way to Boston for a wedding which of course will not be cancelled.  Some people need to worry about themselves and not what other adults choose to do.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not a golfer, but some people are in leagues and if they don't play, their team forfeits.  There are people in  my neighborhood who play each week, and the championship is in two weeks. 

I heard that being outside for several hours is the equivalent of smoking seven cigarettes.  Given that so many people smoke that many or more each day, every day, I'd say not giving up your league game for the week is a small risk. 

Honored Contributor

Health isn't a priority for many people.   We aren't experiencing anything like NY, NJ etc. due to air currents that work in our favor...for now.  Today's air was good in MA.  If things change for the worse mask up with our KN95s when I go out.  

Respected Contributor

The golfers sound like some people on tv in NYC this morning...they were standing in Times Square, lighting up their cigarettes....it takes a special kind of stupid to do that!

Honored Contributor

I had a friend with ASTHMA.....but kept 4 dogs, and SMOKED...

♥Surface of the Sun♥