Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Went to Urgent Care Today

Try the patch or the gum in the meantime before your appointment.. My brother had success with using the patch and a friend used the gum. Both are now non-smokers.

Wishing you good luck.
Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

Those attacks, for whatever the cause, are the worst so I feel your pain.

When you see a doctor, also discuss a mild tranquilizer and not just drugs for stopping smoking.  I would prefer to go that route.  My ex tried one of the drugs to stop help stop smoking and it turned him into a person I didn't even recognize. He was so angry, screamed all the time, had nightmares, it was so bad I told him to go back to smoking. He was down right scary, his whole personality changed. Even he was freaked out about how he was acting. So just be careful because there can be some bad side effects with those things.

@RainyDayGal

I bet it was Chantix. DH & I both had these type of symptoms with Chantix and had to stop taking it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

Today is a new day with a clean slate....keep trying.   I am battling weight...some days I fall off the wagon.  But the next day I try again.....

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

What I find bothersome is the doctor at Urgent Care telling you it may not be the right time for you to quit without offering you a substitute even if it was an over the counter sedative. It's like she planted the seed and gave you permission to smoke again. Those are the type of people you need to avoid.  

Unfortunately this is what you get when you go to an Urgent Care Center.  They are okay for minor things like a UTI but that's about all you want to see them for IMO. 

Honored Contributor

If a person is feeling ill, to begin with, adding to that trying to stop smoking,would be really hard,wait until you physical feel better ,to try again.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm confused.  In yesterday's thread where it was Day 3 without a cigarette, you said you were going to see "your" doctor tomorrow, which would be today.

Today you went to urgent care and said you have a doctor appointment March 1.

What doctor were you going to see today?

Perhaps she'd just made up her mind to see "a" doctor today if she didn't feel better. People who, for whatever reason (finances, changing jobs, insurance, etc) don't always have a PCP, end up in the ER (as the OP did) and/or at an Urgent Care because that's their only immediate option.

Personal example: I'm moving 350 miles within the next month. I will not have a PCP when I get there, and even if I picked one out of a hat and made an appt immediately, it might well take up to a month to see one. And I might not like them, so start over. During that time, I would not have. PCP.

I doubt the OP intended to mislead or defraud.

I think the OP is perfectly capable of answering questions for herself.  I'm not asking her anything that she wouldn't ask another poster in this situation. 

Honored Contributor

It's getting a little confusing now because there are 5 threads started since Monday when OP announced she hadn't had a cigarette for 24 hours.

What I gathered from the latest, she started up smoking again because it was too much for her to quit.

(I believe a nurse in a *walk-in* type med facility told her perhaps it's not the right time to quit.)  Dumb, I know.

I was accused by some posters of chastising the OP for the drugs she had been administered and prescribed.  That the dosage wasn't *enough to make her loopy*, even tho the OP said she was feeling loopy from them.  (Her exact words--don't know which post). 

She was adament that she only took ONE and the EMT seemed suspicious.  Actually it was two, the one the *walk in place* gave her and one from her prescription of 15.

Now OP is on something for anti anxienty/depression.  2 different drugs she named.

So there's a lot going on here. 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

It's getting a little confusing now because there are 5 threads started since Monday when OP announced she hadn't had a cigarette for 24 hours.

What I gathered from the latest, she started up smoking again because it was too much for her to quit.

(I believe a nurse in a *walk-in* type med facility told her perhaps it's not the right time to quit.)  Dumb, I know.

I was accused by some posters of chastising the OP for the drugs she had been administered and prescribed.  That the dosage wasn't *enough to make her loopy*, even tho the OP said she was feeling loopy from them.  (Her exact words--don't know which post). 

She was adament that she only took ONE and the EMT seemed suspicious.  Actually it was two, the one the *walk in place* gave her and one from her prescription of 15.

Now OP is on something for anti anxienty/depression.  2 different drugs she named.

No, there's not. The Urgent Care did not give her codeine (or seemingly anything else). When she went to the ER hours later, they gave her *1* Ativan and a prescription for a different medication. She had been prescribed the codeine for back pain. She has such a fear of controlled substances that she was actually not taking the codeine for pain when she probably should have. In an older post, she was feeling woozy, *at the time*, from the codeine she had taken *1-2 days ago*.

It is probably in part the posters who intimate that she is taking multiple/too many drugs and warning her every minute about addiction just because she smokes who are causing her to start multiple posts, as well as to be afraid to take what she's been prescribed.

Because I'm interested, I haven't had any problem following what's going on with her. But of course now will come the posts saying it's her fault that people are misunderstanding, because she started too many posts, bad OP.  

SMH. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

No, there's not. The Urgent Care did not give her codeine (or seemingly anything else). When she went to the ER hours later, they gave her *1* Ativan and a prescription for a different medication. She had been prescribed the codeine for back pain. She has such a fear of controlled substances that she was actually not taking the codeine for pain when she probably should have. In an older post, she was feeling woozy, *at the time*, from the codeine she had taken *1-2 days ago*.

It is probably in part the posters who intimate that she is taking multiple/too many drugs and warning her every minute about addiction just because she smokes who are causing her to start multiple posts, as well as to be afraid to take what she's been prescribed.

Because I'm interested, I haven't had any problem following what's going on with her. But of course now will come the posts saying it's her fault that people are misunderstanding, because she started too many posts, bad OP.  

SMH. 

Thread:  "DAY TWO...."

(Relax.)

Trusted Contributor

NICE @Moonchilde. You wrote that SO well! And accurately. Smiley Happy That kind of post defines those that are really reading the posts vs the ones that jump in periodically having no real understanding of what has been discussed.

Bam! That was a good response Smiley Happy