Honored Contributor

Re: I Went to Urgent Care Today

@gabstoomuch wrote:

NICE @Moonchilde. You wrote that SO well! And accurately. Smiley Happy That kind of post defines those that are really reading the posts vs the ones that jump in periodically having no real understanding of what has been discussed.

Bam! That was a good response Smiley Happy

Actually her post isn't correct.  Lucky Charm isn't the one who hasn't been following.  In the thread titled Day 2, the OP says they gave her the pain med in the hospital and it really knocked her for a loop.  Then later on she goes on to state she took a pill "tonight."  So she did have 2 of the pills.

I'm not sure what the significance of that is but if someone is going to call someone out for being incorrect, the story should be straight.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK

After reading all this the first thought that comes to mind for me is " I'm not a doctor I just play one on the QVC Shopping Channel Forum!"

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

It's getting a little confusing now because there are 5 threads started since Monday when OP announced she hadn't had a cigarette for 24 hours.

What I gathered from the latest, she started up smoking again because it was too much for her to quit.

(I believe a nurse in a *walk-in* type med facility told her perhaps it's not the right time to quit.)  Dumb, I know.

I was accused by some posters of chastising the OP for the drugs she had been administered and prescribed.  That the dosage wasn't *enough to make her loopy*, even tho the OP said she was feeling loopy from them.  (Her exact words--don't know which post). 

She was adament that she only took ONE and the EMT seemed suspicious.  Actually it was two, the one the *walk in place* gave her and one from her prescription of 15.

Now OP is on something for anti anxienty/depression.  2 different drugs she named.

So there's a lot going on here. 

No, there's not. The Urgent Care did not give her codeine (or seemingly anything else). When she went to the ER hours later, they gave her *1* Ativan and a prescription for a different medication. She had been prescribed the codeine for back pain. She has such a fear of controlled substances that she was actually not taking the codeine for pain when she probably should have. In an older post, she was feeling woozy, *at the time*, from the codeine she had taken *1-2 days ago*.

It is probably in part the posters who intimate that she is taking multiple/too many drugs and warning her every minute about addiction just because she smokes who are causing her to start multiple posts, as well as to be afraid to take what she's been prescribed.

Because I'm interested, I haven't had any problem following what's going on with her. But of course now will come the posts saying it's her fault that people are misunderstanding, because she started too many posts, bad OP.  

SMH. 

Thread:  "DAY TWO...."

(Relax.)

If you're referring to the post I think you are, it was made on Tuesday. One pill and a Rx given Tuesday. Another pill, perhaps, taken at home that evening.  

I'm just wondering why you feel the need to comment and why you are motivated to, and interested in, keeping track not of how the OP is doing, but only what she is taking. *I* am confused now. Forgive me if it doesn't appear, from your post, that you are concerned for the OP other than to insinuate she's been taking too much of things she shouldn't.

The OP has stated multiple times that she has a horror of taking controlled substances. She was given single doses in acute situations by emergency/urgent care personnel, as is legally proper. She was given a very small opiate Rx. She was also given a Rx for a drug that takes *days to weeks* to have a noticeable effect.

Yeh - there's stuff going on, but it's not just with the OP. I think those who are rooting for and trying to reassure the OP understand what's going on - with *all* the posts.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@gabstoomuch wrote:

NICE @Moonchilde. You wrote that SO well! And accurately. Smiley Happy That kind of post defines those that are really reading the posts vs the ones that jump in periodically having no real understanding of what has been discussed.

Bam! That was a good response Smiley Happy

Actually her post isn't correct.  Lucky Charm isn't the one who hasn't been following.  In the thread titled Day 2, the OP says they gave her the pain med in the hospital and it really knocked her for a loop.  Then later on she goes on to state she took a pill "tonight."  So she did have 2 of the pills.

I'm not sure what the significance of that is but if someone is going to call someone out for being incorrect, the story should be straight.

See my subsequent post. What I find interesting is the "counting" of pills taken. WHY? No one knows how long it was between the doses, but even noon and say 9 pm are irrelevant. One pill would have long worn off before the second. They wear off in 4 hrs.

Okay, so on her first hospital visit I missed a single pill. Big whoop. What's far more interesting to me are the pill-counters and those obsessing on the minutiae of who counted the number of pills correctly. Why count at all, or connect pills taken days apart? Why mention pills taken 2-3 days ago as relevent in any way to pills taken yesterday? Why is an attempt at a connection between all pills taken being made?

The OP, when she has posted, has stated what she was given and sometimes, what she took, when really she owed that to nobody but did it to be straightforward and honest.

I see "payback" to a poster some dislike written all over some posts. They aren't all that subtle.

Honored Contributor

I don't really care one way or the other.  But if you are going to call out a poster for being incorrect, which you did, you should make sure you have your facts straight, which you didn't.

The OP is very able to speak for herself.  I'm not sure why all of a sudden you've taken it upon yourself to become her spokesperson.     

Frequent Contributor

I also have an open pack of cigarettes in a drawer.  Haven't smoked in 6 years but I keep them to remember not to start smoking again. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't really care one way or the other.  But if you are going to call out a poster for being incorrect, which you did, you should make sure you have your facts straight, which you didn't.

The OP is very able to speak for herself.  I'm not sure why all of a sudden you've taken it upon yourself to become her spokesperson.     

Not her spokesperson at all. Simply rebutting posts with a distinct tone suggesting they may have issues with this poster unrelated to the thread, bringing them across threads for their own purposes.