Honored Contributor

Re: I Went B & M Shopping Today

I buy most of my clothing from B&M stores. I want to see colors, feel fabric, read labels, and try on before I decide. Different brands, styles are not all sized the same or fit the same. I like shopping, doesn't matter if it's clothing, food, or cat toys. 

Online is wonderful for those who live remotely or can't drive or who have disabilities.

Regular Contributor

I only have a couple of stores in my area that sells petites so either I drive or try to order online but end up returning a lot of what I order.

I have to disagree about QVC having a good selection of petite's.  You may be able to get pants in the petite length at QVC but they have very few shirts or tops/sweaters in petite lengths.  I refuse to buy tops at QVC because of this.  If I hear the hosts say this will work on a petite one more time I am going to scream.  It might work for an XXS but as the sizes go up so do the lengths so no they don't work on petites.  Thanks for listening to my rant. 

It is what it is!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I went to Stein Mart yesterday. I was able to get 2 pairs of dressy shorts, 3 workout tops and a pair of athleisure type long pants for $79. 

The fall clothing was beautiful, the store nicely arranged. There appeared to be choices for everyone's style.  I live in a huge metro area with excellent shopping opportunities. I buy online and brick and mortar.  No complaints here.

@Ms tyrion2  I love to shop at Stein Mart, too!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

I’ve been seeing prices rapidly escalating everywhere for at least the past 6 months. The brushes for my OralB toothbrush jumped from $16.99 to $26.99 since April. The prices of toys are ridiculous. I’m Christmas shopping for the grand babies now, before the prices go higher. 

I shop a few B&M stores like Pier One, Home Goods, etc. But I pretty much buy everything else online. It’s more convenient and doesn’t waste my time and gasoline. 

I loved shopping when I was younger.  I no longer enjoy spending a whole day, in traffic, only to end up back home with no purchases.  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"