Esteemed Contributor

Re: I WANT TO BUY A KEURIG-question please

Don't buy the 2.0.  I recommend the K45 

http://www.qvc.com/Keurig-K45-Coffee-Maker-with-48-K-Cup-Packs-&-Water-Filter-Kit.product.K41714.htm...

Keurig K45 Coffee Maker with 48 K-Cup Packs & Water Filter Kit

http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-Reusable-Coffee-Filter-Single/dp/B000DLB2FI

Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter (Single)

You can also buy the My KCup at Walmart and places like that.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Here is a step by step guide to descale with white vinegar

https://snapguide.com/guides/descale-clean-your-keurig-brewer/

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

I replaced my old Breville K-Cup machine with a Cuisinart one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0034J6QIY/ref=rr_xsim_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441432349&sr=0

The machine came with MY K-cup etc. I brought the small water filters with the order. I hope this machine last 7 years like my old one.

Honored Contributor

You cannot use a My K-Cup or equivalent with the K-250. The information that you can "use your own coffee" right out of the Keurig box in ALL models is incorrect. You also must use K-Cups that the K-250 "recognizes" from Keurig, not just any K-Cup.

However - there are work-arounds and after-market products that will allow you to do these things. Google "Freedom Clip" and Rogers Family Coffee or San Francisco Bay Coffee. Their pods are also usable directly in the machine, i.e. the company was able to jailbreak/hack the technology.

The water filtering that comes with the K250 is highly desirable. The descaling solution is necessary periodically for any type of coffee maker, Keurig or not.

I have had a Keurig for about 6+ years and I never want to be without it. I ordered the K250 because QVC's deal last Sunday even beat Amazon's price.

But if you want to be able to both use your own coffee easily and use "any" K-cup, you might be better off buying one of the older models, as has been suggested. The company still sells them and they are often on sale.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I would NEVER use a Keurig solely because its polluting the earth with those plastic cups!! Until they come out with something that's biodegradable I won't be buying any type of Keurig. I hope you all think about it before purchasing. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

The employer of a friend of mine buys Keurigs for the employee breakroom and they have constantly stopped working for one reason or another.  New models were purchased and they too stopped working.  I asked her if any were currently working and she chuckled NO.  

Honored Contributor

the coffee from the My Kcup never tasted that great to me, I got a different device that worked better. It is a little cup that looks like a kcup flip lid

I have the 2.0 machine now (long story)

Respected Contributor

@catlover wrote:

I want to buy a Keurig where you can use your own coffee as well as the k cups...Solofill K3 Gold Cup Refillable Filter CupI think this is the thinga majig you would use?

Now-this is the one I want:

K43265

Keurig 2.0 K250 Coffee Maker w/ 31 K-Cup Packs & Water Filter Starter Kit

Watch Videos

I kind of like that. I have a regular 2.0 and I keep a small piece of bright orange tape handy to tape over the electronic eye when I use the refillable containers or non approved kcups.  

44:463150724557

49:463150729270
~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

thanks everyone for all your great feedback!

Keurig K45 Coffee Maker w/ My K-Cup, 48 K-Cup PacksThe TSV is pretty much the best of all I am looking for-you can use your own coffee!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Valued Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

You definitely need to use filtered water, and I clean my Keurig every so many months with a vinegar solution as recommended by the owners guide. The one thing that I haven't solved is how to make tea that doesn't taste like coffee in the Keurig. I always get a slight coffee taste in my tea, no matter what I do.

Have you tried running a cup of water between the coffee and tea making.  My daughter does this and it works for her.

Every perfect gift is from above.