Respected Contributor

Re: I Turned on My Heat Today

@Pearlee wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I turned on my electricity today. Oh, and my water faucets too.

@Pearlee.  Did you flush your outhouse?

@Kachina624  I don't have an outhouse. Perhaps you do.

@Pearlee    Are you referring to dripping your faucets to prevent frozen pipes and turning on your heat? We may have to drip the outdoor spigots next week in North GA.

@50Mickey  No, it's not nearly that cold here today, in the mid-50s.

I'm referring to something mundane and routine and not at all noteworthy per the thread title.

So you're saying you don't like this thread?  I found it interesting that many like their homes on the cool side, as I do.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I turned on my electricity today. Oh, and my water faucets too.

@Pearlee.  Did you flush your outhouse?

@Kachina624  I don't have an outhouse. Perhaps you do.

@Pearlee    Are you referring to dripping your faucets to prevent frozen pipes and turning on your heat? We may have to drip the outdoor spigots next week in North GA.

@50Mickey  No, it's not nearly that cold here today, in the mid-50s.

I'm referring to something mundane and routine and not at all noteworthy per the thread title.

So you're saying you don't like this thread?  I found it interesting that many like their homes on the cool side, as I do.

@KKJ  I don't like it or dislike it. Just following the thread title / theme.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Turned furnace on at end of October since it went down into the low 30's at night.  Thermostat at 68.

Couldn't stand temps in the 50's or even low 60's.  I could dress warm, but when our hands and noses are cold, I know the temperature is too low in the house.  

Respected Contributor

We keep the heat between 68-70 during the day and 60 at night. We feel we've worked too hard in our lives to be uncomfortable over something we have control over. A/C in summer is set to 72-74 during the day.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

We keep ours at 68, someties we still get hot and cold. 

Valued Contributor

I don't need or use any heat here in southeast Florida. It has been steadily in the lower to mid 80's in the daytime, dropping to low 70's at night. I keep my thermostat at 75 degrees. We will get a cooler spell for a few days next week, then bounce back up. As we move into January, I use the A/C less. It rarely drops to 50 at night then.

Trusted Contributor

Here in North Texas the thermostat is set at 68 for heat (gas furnace) and 75 for A/C. I turn on the heat each season when the toilet seats get cold -- that's my sign! LOL

Ceiling fans on during the summer. I have a Duraflame infrared fireplace stove thingy in the sunroom for cooler weather and it's quite cozy set at 66.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG!!!! Mine is set at 73!

Thats as cool as I can get............

( NJ )

Esteemed Contributor

Furnace has been since late October when the nights cooled off.  No really high bills yet.

Esteemed Contributor

Our thermostat is set at 68. I always have socks on in the winter. If my feet are cold I am not comfortable.

My DH's one brother and his wife like a cold bedroom. The close the heat registers in their bedroom and have an open window all winter. I went to their house years ago and my SIL yelled to come upstairs she was making the bed. I opened the door and a blast of cold air hit me. You could see your breath.

They are insane. I could never sleep like that. It was walking in a meat locker.