Respected Contributor

Re: I Thought I Was Seeing Things...Wipes.

A couple of days ago I went to Walmart and I saw one canister of Clorox wipes on a shelf.  I investigated a little more and bent down and saw a bunch on the bottom shelf way to the back.  I can't get down on my knees so I borrowed a broom from the shelf and scooped them forward with the handle.  Score!

Honored Contributor

Sometime shortly before Covid overtook us, I bought a huge box of disinfect wipes from Costco even though I still had a decent supply from a previous purchase.  Anyway, probably because I'm a one-person household and quickly learned I feel best if I go into public places as few times as I can manage, I'm still okay.

But if I need more and can't find those labeled to kill the virus, I'll buy something else on the theory that some clean is better than no clean.  It's not a huge expense -  as soon as I see the approved wipes, I'll buy those, too.

Honored Contributor

I want to be prepared in the event of a second wave.

I missed the memo that we were supposed to hoard toilet paper, etc.

I now have a paper fort in my basement of toilet paper, tissues, and paper towels.

I was also able to get 3 gallons of Clorox bleach from amazon.

I am going to visit family in NY in September and if wave 2 comes, I will share my wealth with my family there.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I’d trade some wipes, a can of Lysol, 2 hand soaps, and a jumbo roll of paper towels for a quarter bottle of peroxide. My son let a splinter get infected on his finger. I went to 5 stores looking for some today.
Honored Contributor

It took some doing, but I managed to find disinfecting wipes all during this event. I found them at Dollar General, usually their brand, only because we asked what day the truck came and made sure to swing in after it did. They would get them in maybe every three weeks or so.

I found both Sam's Club brand and Clorox brand at Sam's Club in the huge big packs, at least four or five different times. 

Found them at Kroger one time. 

I found it best to either ask when trucks come, or at Sam's , hit Wed Thur. or Friday as those days they were most likely to have them. 

Every place was a limit one, and still is, and I expect will be for the next many months. I always got whatever brand or size  I found, and if my husband was with me, he got one as well. 

We are/were supplying our own home, my elderly mom's house, my son's house, and my husband's place of work for his use there, as they aren't supplying them. 

The manufacturers said they should be getting more out by this month. My fear is that with the increasing numbers, and some openings rolled back, and threats of shut downs possible again in some areas, that they will continue to be hard to find and gone very quickly, so getting what you can find, when you can find it seems necessary, if they are something you need/use.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I’d trade some wipes, a can of Lysol, 2 hand soaps, and a jumbo roll of paper towels for a quarter bottle of peroxide. My son let a splinter get infected on his finger. I went to 5 stores looking for some today.

@RollTide2008 @Walmart online has it right now, but you'd better hurry. CVS also has it in some stores. Call the store first.