Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Thought Amazon Was Better Than This

I haven't had a problem either. But maybe it helps there are Amazon warehouses not to far from me. 

Honored Contributor

I've had a huge problem with Amazon Prime the last 10 days.  I ordered a ton of stuff for our adopt a family program for work and I chose all things fullfilled by Amazon.  9 of 10 things arrived in 5 different Prime vans on Friday, two came on Saturday one was scheduled for Sunday, redirected to Monday and now redirected to Tuesday.

There's no rhyme or reason to it, there's no one to call but the 800# and they know absolutely nothing and can only apologize.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

it took 11 days to get a book from Amazon, but didn't really ship from Amazon. 

Stuff that ships from Amazon, we usually get the next day or maybe 2 days.

still 11 days would be really good for some other on-line orders.

Respected Contributor

I think we should take into consideration that with Christmas coming next week, there are probably millions of packages to be fulfilled by this week. 

Respected Contributor

We're so spoiled that pretty soon we'll be expecting orders to be delivered five minutes after we hit to "complete order" button.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

We're so spoiled that pretty soon we'll be expecting orders to be delivered five minutes after we hit to "complete order" button.  Woman LOL

@RoughDraft 

Are you kidding me?

People expect that now!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@RoughDraft 

Are you kidding me?

People expect that now!

@Anonymous032819   It reminds me of all the people who were complaining about the Christmas in July programs, saying it was too early to think about holiday buying.  lol

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Super Contributor

If you ordered something from QVC yesterday,  it will still be "in processing" on Wednesday.  

Honored Contributor

I buy and send stuff with Amazon and have always been happy with them.

BUT.....I also send items (just sent a Dyson hot/cold fan) to my daughter in Denver and it is very, very expensive to send things via US Post Office and it takes 5 or 6 days no matter what time of year it is.

It's no wonder they always have money problems and the US government has to bail them out.

I sent boxes the size of a small shoe box and it was 23$.  The Dyson fan was 36$.

You can't put much in the boxes they "sell".  I sent her some clothes.  By the time I try to squeeze even one or two shirts in those boxes they are full!

Contributor

The reason for multiple packages being received on a single order is that the items were shipped from different Amazon warehouses.   Even a huge company like Amazon doesn't have every item in its inventory located in one warehouse location.   I believe that Prime is still worth  the price if you order a lot from them.  When you are a Prime member your orders normally ship to you in a day or two.  Before I signed up fior Prime my orders would sit in process for a week or more before they even were shipped.  Just a matter of choice I guess.