Honored Contributor

Re: I Think We Got Our 1st Real Snowfall.

I am in southern WV, where we enjoyed temps in the low 50’s for several days this week.   Rain on Wednesday and downpours on Thursday resulted in high water and flooding issues in the county.   Schools dismissed early yesterday and were closed today, due to water levels.  

Rain changed over to snow flurries last night, and we are in the predicted 1-3” range.   It has snowed all day, but hasn’t even accumulated enough to cover the grass.   

Honored Contributor

In western NC, our first snow fall had about an inch accumulation about a week ago.  We had a second of scant thin, thin flurries today (35 degrees, the water just wasn't moving through to freeze), and another system comming through in a day that may give us some, not much.

Super Contributor

I am in north/central Wisconsin and our ground has been covered with snow since before Christmas. We are expecting another 8 inches on Sunday, but this is normal for us. It is interesting how everyone's perception of winter is different, depending on where we live. The weather really is fascinating when you think about it and affects our lives in so many ways. We have actually had a rather mild and easy winter, so far anyway. 

Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

I'm in north Georgia at Allatoona Lake.. hope it snows!! 

Image result for light snow gif  Smiley Happy

Hey there, I am in North GA also. Moved up here 2 years ago from Wilmington Island  near Savannah. We haven't had snow since I moved here. Hope to see some tomorrow. We had snow flakes this morning but they melted as soon as they came down.

Honored Contributor

We had that mess the first of the week but the snow was in Eastern NM and West Texas.  Albuquerque had 3 days of extreme cold (11° AT NIGHT) and terrible wind that made the wind chill below zero.  It was still windy today but warmed up.  We're supposed to have a nice week-end.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm about 50 miles south of DC and we have had relatively warm weather and like those above we had extreme winds here yesterday and rains along with it.  We were supposed to get snow a few days ago and we did - flurries for all of about 5 minutes, never stuck to the ground and it left as fast as it started.  

Honored Contributor

Snowing at my house this morning. "It won't stick to the driveways or roads" they said. News flash. It's sticking to the driveway and the road in front of my house. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh We have a full on blizzard in Gwinnett. The abandoned cars have begun piling up again.

Get the jokes ready rest of country. Once again our Southern crackerjack weather people know nothing.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:
@gidgetghWe have a full on blizzard in Gwinnett. The abandoned cars have begun piling up again.

Get the jokes ready rest of country. Once again our Southern crackerjack weather people know nothing.

@Laura14 - yeah, it's been crazy in East Cobb also. Where did this snow come from?  They never even mentioned it till yesterday afternoon. 

I had several things I was going to do today, including going to Apple to "maybe" buy myself a watch, but I'm not venturing out in this. Oh, the horrors, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I am so glad you said that @gidgetgh. I thought I had missed something.