Respected Contributor

Re: I Think I'd Be Considered "Low Energy"

Rather than use the vague term "low energy" with its somewhat negative aura, why not consider that you have changed your focus or priorities????  You still get things done and that takes physical, emotional as well as mental energy.

At 70, I no longer tear through the housecleaning (LOL); have given away most of my flowers/shrubs/ and other things outside that require now-considered in essay work by me; and, declutter every room quarterly and share the excess bounty with family, friends, acquaintances and nonprofit organizations.  I also stopped obsessing with my weight -- I don't want to waste precious time.

Enjoy those people and things that are important to you while you have time.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

OP is I think musing on a recent taunt from that man with seriously combed-over hair---the taunt being directed against a perceived rival.

Whew!  This was hard to do inside the guidelines.  Deep is not low energy.  I think of her as slyly, cheerfully, subversively witty.

Your eloquence flatters me my friend.  Guess I watched too many Sunday talking-head shows today.  Have a great week, Deep

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

It's mostly good not to be in charge of the big decisions.  What brought on the decision to post this?  

tansy

a low-energy posterSmiley Happy

Like I posted to Burnsite, just too many Sunday morning talking-head programs.  Maybe TCM will air some classic old films to distract my attention.

Esteemed Contributor

Surprised that you can see Lisa Robertson's shoes!  Her pants were always dragging on the floor....I like her new look......

Honored Contributor

Right now I'd consider myself 'NO ENERGY'!!

Three grandchildren here all weekend, ages 2, 3 and 4. 

At one point I was carrying all three at once, I don't even know how.  (Hot sand.)

Normally, I would scrub the house from top to bottom once again after they all (SEVEN of them) leave.  I got as far as the glass on the storm door....and I was DONE.

Tomorrow is another day.

Honored Contributor

Ah.  A light bulb came onSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just retired in June.  I was a teachers aide for special needs children. I am kind of melancholy that school is starting up.  I retired young (62) because hubby is not too well (3 different kinds of cancer). 

So I'm definitely low energy. I hope I can adjust.  

So you're not alone in feeling that way.

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Surprised that you can see Lisa Robertson's shoes!  Her pants were always dragging on the floor....I like her new look......

@nana59

Nana, unless this is somehow tongue-in-cheek, it looks as if your post ended up in the wrong thread.

I didn't want you to miss out on posting it wherever you had planned to post it.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I don't think "high energy" vs "low energy" is related to one's employment status or to ones age.  I think a "low energy" person is someone who stays calm and quiet regardless of what is happening around them.  They might me mad as wet hens on the inside, their emotions might be boiling on the inside; but it's not obvious from their outward demeanor.  Low energy people can be reassuring in a crisis but I don't think they make good leaders.    It doesn't mean they sit on the side lines and aren't involved; it just means they take a thoughtful and measured approach to things.