Honored Contributor

I Think I'd Be Considered "Low Energy"

But since I retired, I'm not in charge of making too many important decisions.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Think I'd Be Considered "Low Energy"

[ Edited ]

Oh I thought you were going to say why you think you'd be considered low energy.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Oh I thought you were going to say why you think you'd be considered low energy.

Maybe because I just don't get very fired up about people or things.  I enjoy watching the parade pass by. 

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Maybe because I just don't get very fired up about people or things.  I enjoy watching the parade pass by. 

Me, too....when I was working my switch was always "on."  Now that I'm retired my switch is always "off."  And that's fine with me!!!  Enjoy your parades......

Honored Contributor

okay that makes sense. 
The way I take it to mean by "low energy" is that there doesn't appear to be alot of passion about things and sometimes the perceived lack of passion can be misconstrued as being weak and if one is thought to be weak, they will not command alot of respect and it will minimize the power they may have to influence others in powerful positions.
Now one can argue that the strong silent type can actually be more powerful than those that puff out their chest and rant about everything under the sun but that remains to be seen.
Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

You can be retired and still ride IN the parade...no need to sit on the side and watch the parade go by.   Live full.

Honored Contributor

It's mostly good not to be in charge of the big decisions.  What brought on the decision to post this?  

tansy

a low-energy posterSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I would say that of myself too. Sure, I work hard, but I'm more of a homebody and don't need to be doing something every moment of the day. I've only heard that phrase recently, but it's a good one and just like the words 'introvert' and 'extrovert', it doesn't mean 'high energy' is better than 'low energy'. It takes all kinds of personalities to make the world go round.
Honored Contributor

Since retiring, I also consider myself low energy.   I have plenty to keep up with mentally and physically, but I just don't sweat the small stuff anymore.   I don't push myself to go at things at 90 mph, but still manage to get everything done without wearing myself out.  I retired early to enjoy as many days with my husband as I can; not spend my days cleaning house.  I don't do drama, and feel life really is too short to waste minutes you can't get back, worrying about things you can't change.   I get up every day with the focus to "just breathe", and let God lead me to the rest.   

Esteemed Contributor

It's one thing not to exert "high energy" and another to just deal with things as they come. That's just life to me.