Esteemed Contributor

I Swear Every One Of God's Creatures............

were on the road at 7:30 this morning.  I am not usually out that early in the am.  I had to go to the store and at least 10 small bunnies were tempting fate in and around the dirt road I was on.

In front of the first house 2 teeny kittens were in the road.  I stopped and waiting until they finally wobbled across.

A deer decided to see how fast I could stop by dashing in front of me. Luckily I don't drive like a maniac.

The finale,  2 large turkeys crossing the road, on a curve, followed by 10 or so babies.

Holy cow, I was glad to get home.  I didn't pass one car just wildlife.  I have never seen so many rabbits/bunnies as I did this morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Swear Every One Of God's Creatures............

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

How awesome that must have been to see!

Kudos to you for being a good driver and making sure you didn't hit anyone!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Wow, what a menagerie. I've never seen a live wild turkey. I gues the animals are able to breed freely now without so many humans destroying their lives.

Honored Contributor

Little did you know you'd be going on safari today.   Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

I'm glad you haven't lost your sense of humor, GF!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Wow, what a menagerie. I've never seen a live wild turkey. I gues the animals are able to breed freely now without so many humans destroying their lives.

In the early morning and twilight hours we get around a dozen wild turkeys in our backwoods.  It is majestic when a tom fully fans its tail feathers.  And so cute to see the poults trailing behind mama in single file.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D   These were big turkeys.  You haven't  lived until one flys over your car.  I had one go over my hood years ago.  Not a lot of lift when it took off.

Even though I was in my car I  ducked. lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14   No kidding.  I know where the term "dumb bunny" comes from.  On the road then off the road. I'm going right, no wait, I'm turning around, I'll hop along side, nope, back in the road. 

I would just stop until they went in the high grass aong the road.  Couldn't make their minds where they were going. Goofy little furballs.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom   It would have been great if they stayed out of the road.  I did not want to hit any of them.  I swear they thought it was a game.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Laura14 

I'm glad you haven't lost your sense of humor, GF!

@KingstonsMom Me too!  😄. It's been quite a week. 😋