Honored Contributor

Re: I Suppose Charlotte Actually Does Favor Queen Elizabeth More Than Any Other Family Member

I think the little girl looks exactly like her Dad when he was that age.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Suppose Charlotte Actually Does Favor Queen Elizabeth More Than Any Other Family Member

@BettyNewbie wrote:

its not the best example...BUT...Charlotte looks just like Sarah Chatto to me...Maragrets daughter

More than looking like her mother, this poor woman looks very much like Princess Anne - who carries the most remaining Hanoverian looks, IMO.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Hmm..  Here is a photo of Sarah Armstrong-Jones Chatto as a child.

Image result for photo of sarah chatto

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At a later stage:

Image result for photo of anthony armstrong jones

Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones

Image result for photo of king george vi

King George VI and Family

Perhaps George's family look has resurfaced.

Honored Contributor

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Off topic, but you know how so many little girls dream of themselves being princesses. My nextdoor neighbor girl surely did. She actually convinced herself she already was. My musings are what does a real princess have fantasies of being?  

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Off topic, but you know how so many little girls dream of themselves being princesses. My nextdoor neighbor girl surely did. She actually convinced herself she already was. My musings are what does a real princess have fantasies of being?  

Traditionally, British princesses (and princes) have been pretty much in a life of service to the British people as far as public appearances and sponsoring various charities. The princes have largely served in the military, though I don't know that they ever would have wanted to do that life-long.

British royalty has never been known for their intellect or keen quest for knowledge; they have "gotten by" academically for the most part. I'm not saying that makes them less intelligent, but very few have been any sort of scholar. I suspect that they're only encouraged to do or dream of their future in certain guided areas. British royalty has expectations placed on them by their public.

It's been pretty different in other royal families around the world, where both princes and princesses have been marrying commoners and doing much more of what they want to do with their lives than British princes & princesses, including being in business. "Ruling" is a side-line for pretty much all other royal families except the British.

Sadly, even though there's been a lot of progress, I doubt Charlotte will be encouraged to be a ballerina or a nurse - or even a university professor or archaeologist.

I was surprised to read very recently that a Japanese princess who is marrying a Japanese commoner will be forced to "give up her royal title." Shades of Edward & Wallis. I wouldn't have thought that of such a technologically progressive country. That's pretty feudal. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think Lady Sarah was a bridesmaid for Princess Diana. Not sure.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

greeneyedlady, you are correct.

"Like Kate Middleton, DianaPrincess of Wales, had one bridesmaid from her “side” of the wedding. ... Diana's chief bridesmaid was Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones, daughter ofPrincess Margaret. At 17, she was just three years younger than the bride.Feb 15, 2011."

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I love that hairstyle, too, on little girls!  Always love how she and George are dressed.  Classic clothing.  Love it.

Just read something on FB about strange things about being royal (take that FWIW) and one was that the "official" dress for young princes is shorts with knee socks (no long pants allowed) until a certain age.  Always wondered why he was in shorts cuz London is damp and cold a lot of the time.