Respected Contributor

Re: I Suppose Charlotte Actually Does Favor Queen Elizabeth More Than Any Other Family Member

Everytime I see Charlotte,  I thinks she strongely resembles Queen Elizabeth.

Respected Contributor

Re: I Suppose Charlotte Actually Does Favor Queen Elizabeth More Than Any Other Family Member

Now we think of Queen Elizabeth as an old woman.  I am old enough to remember when Elizabeth and Margaret were all over the fashion magazines.  Let's not forget Elizabeth ascended to the throne at barely 25.  She and Margaret were both pretty and very thin when they were young.

Honored Contributor

eliz

ELIZABETH

Honored Contributor

ELIZ

Honored Contributor

eliz

Honored Contributor

Those who were aware of Elizabeth and Margaret when they were young women must recall that Princess Margaret was the "wild child," what with her affair with Peter Townsend and wanting to marry a man who was divorced.  As I recall, she was a bit of a Jet Setter, as the fast and fashionable crowd was called in the '60s.

Honored Contributor

I have to think that the Queen gets a kick out of the fact that Charlotte resembles her so much at this age.

Resemblances do change, though. I was told many times as a child/teen (in jest) that I must have been adopted/be a changeling because I looked nothing like my mother or sister. Once I hit 40, every single person who saw us together said you could sooo tell we were mother and daughter. I used to think that I probably looked somewhat like my father, but judging by photos and my adult cousins, not really - and my cousins don't think so either. I could see my maternal grandmother in both my mother and sister, but not in me. I got her coloring but not her features.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I think Charles ended up with the person he was supposed to be with.  I don't care for him or his wife, but I only know what I read.  Neither one of them ever looks happy...enough said...

Honored Contributor

I don't think Charlotte looks like the Queen so much as she just looks like that side of the family overall.

Queen Elizabeth was very pretty, imo, in her younger years.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

its not the best example...BUT...Charlotte looks just like Sarah Chatto to me...Maragrets daughter