Respected Contributor

I Should Be Careful

[ Edited ]

Commercials tell me ...

1.I could end up walking if I don't buy an extra warranty on my car.

2.My hot water heater might leak and flood my house. (I could sing the jingle they wrote to remind myself to install a new one)

3.I could end up paying a lot of money if I don't buy insurance coverage for the sewer & water lines on my property.

4.If my friend has a certain size waistline, she could have insulin resistance and be unable to lose weight.

5.If I don't wear a security necklace, I won't be able to get up if I fall and could be on the floor forever.

6.I could end up like somebody's neighbor and only have $250 for my funeral if I don't buy a term life insurance policy.

Commercials can be scary, eh? LOL

Honored Contributor

Must be watching METV. Don't forget Nellie and her reverse mortgage @Desert Lily and Joe Namath's ride to the doctor.

Honored Contributor

Both commercials and the news!

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I think the news is worse. We're all gonna die!

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

I think the news is worse. We're all gonna die!

@froggy  Agreed!  There is a certain cable news station that I now call the gloom & doom network.  I find it hard to watch.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily ................Its all a matter of control.  Scaring the heck out of people and they will do whatever they are told to do (buying is included.)  Instilling fear in the masses is a powerful tool.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

And don't forget those gutters...don't fall off the ladder!

Respected Contributor

I had 5 calls yesterday warning me my SS# was ”suspend.” I told them to wait in line as I had to first resolve my IRS felony, find the culprit in Texas who charged $1000 to my Amazon account, and fix my computer virus. Thank goodness I got some good news...a helpful person who offered to lower my interest rates.

Honored Contributor

I think due to the side effects, there's a number of medicines I won't be asking any doctor about.  They terrorize me.

Respected Contributor

Re: I Should Be Careful

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

I think due to the side effects, there's a number of medicines I won't be asking any doctor about.  They terrorize me.

Agree. After hearing the list of side effects I’d be better off just dealing with the original condition. Stroke, liver failure, heart attack, weight gain, loss of sight, bowel disorders...good grief. Our litigious society has led to this ludicrous situation.