Honored Contributor

Re: I Saw Derek Hough Take His Shirt Off

@Puppy Lips wrote:

They are both very talented, and I am sure wonderful people.  That being said, I am a bit tired of seeing them show up in so many places.  There are many other talented dancers and singers that need to be showcased as well.

@Puppy Lips  True enough, but I really believe that Derek has a really special gift for choreography, which is much rarer.    I don't mind "rotating out" Julianne to see other dancers, but Derek is  quite unique given his talents.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

I read Derek and Bindi Irwin were offered the leads in that disastrous remake of Dirty Dancing.  He wanted to do it but she did not.

@muttmom - I think Derek would have been great as Johnny. It would have stretched him as an actor to hide his "always sunny" disposition. I think Bindi would have been great too. They might have had to do some modifications to accommodate her accent, but it sounds like they did that anyway!

I still have it on DVR, and I still haven't watched. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

They are both very talented, and I am sure wonderful people.  That being said, I am a bit tired of seeing them show up in so many places.  There are many other talented dancers and singers that need to be showcased as well.

@Puppy Lips  True enough, but I really believe that Derek has a really special gift for choreography, which is much rarer.    I don't mind "rotating out" Julianne to

see other dancers, but Derek is  quite unique given his talents.

And a humble person as well......a winning combination.

Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I love Julianne Hough and Derek Hough, such talented, wholesome, caring individuals, I have watched them on DWTS for years (on and off when they have been on) and caught Julianne on the "Grease" remake she did (and thought she did a wonderful job) and now watching Derek on the "World Of Dance", these two just scream talent!

Yes!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

I read Derek and Bindi Irwin were offered the leads in that disastrous remake of Dirty Dancing.  He wanted to do it but she did not.

@muttmom - I think Derek would have been great as Johnny. It would have stretched him as an actor to hide his "always sunny" disposition. I think Bindi would have been great too. They might have had to do some modifications to accommodate her accent, but it sounds like they did that anyway!

I still have it on DVR, and I still haven't watched. Smiley Wink

I suggest you watch it if you're having problems falling asleep one night!! Worked like a charm for me. Woman LOL The Dirty Dancing remake was THAT bad....

Honored Contributor

PUPPY LIPS wrote:

While I totally get what you're saying, I cannot help thinking - hey, if I have talent to the degree that people want to hire me and I have bills to pay and a future to build, I'm going to take the gig.   If someody else is offered gigs, they will have that same opportunity.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo How are they related? Dumb question, but I don't know. TIA

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@Scooby Doo How are they related? Dumb question, but I don't know. TIA

They are brother and sister.

There are four siblings, 3 girls and 1 boy in the very talented family.  Derek and Julianne were trained in England at a prestigious talent school.  Julianne made it big first, then she invited her brother to join her.

The family is from here in Utah and lived in the same area as the Osmonds.

The Houghs are joking referred to as the blonde Osmonds.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

Some proof from somewhere... and somewhere else... and somewhere else: Woman Wink

Image result for gif derek hough taking shirt off

Image result for gif derek hough no shirt

Image result for shirtless volleyball players

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo Thank you. They are both amazing !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein