Honored Contributor

Re: I Saw Derek Hough Take His Shirt Off

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@Scooby Doo How are they related? Dumb question, but I don't know. TIA

They are brother and sister.

There are four siblings, 3 girls and 1 boy in the very talented family.  Derek and Julianne were trained in England at a prestigious talent school.  Julianne made it big first, then she invited her brother to join her.

The family is from here in Utah and lived in the same area as the Osmonds.

The Houghs are joking referred to as the blonde Osmonds.

@Scooby Doo - I know they were sent to live with the Ballas family in England at a very young age to be trained in dance. That's fine, but I always thought it strange that right before Julianne decided to go into acting, she remembered she had been sexually abused as a young girl. I never heard much more about it, but I thought it was kind of a poor reflection on how the Ballas family handled things. What do you think? 

BTW - I think Derek is great - and humble. I'm not a fan of Julianne's. She seems to want to call attention to herself too much. I didn't enjoy the season of DWTS when her partner was her then-fiance country singer Chuck Wicks, again right before she made a country single, then they broke up. 

Respected Contributor

Never heard of that person! Soap opera?

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Never heard of that person! Soap opera?

A dancer.

Respected Contributor

I think both brother and sister are very talented dancers and I enjoyed watching Julianne dance but dislike the role as judge. 

Some type of dances require steaminess from the partners which has a yuck factor considering they're siblings even tho they are both personable and attractive. Maybe some can overlook that but the dance will either be devoid of all romantic connection and strictly technical or just inappropriate. I wouldn't pay to see a brother and sister act. 

Respected Contributor

@truffle wrote:

I think both brother and sister are very talented dancers and I enjoyed watching Julianne dance but dislike the role as judge. 

Some type of dances require steaminess from the partners which has a yuck factor considering they're siblings even tho they are both personable and attractive. Maybe some can overlook that but the dance will either be devoid of all romantic connection and strictly technical or just inappropriate. I wouldn't pay to see a brother and sister act. 

I remember only two dances that were "romantic" in nature and they didn't perform those together.  There were 8 or 10 backup dancers in the show.  A lot of the dances were group dances, but D and J were showcased.  They didn't do that slow waltz stuff, it was all very acrobatic and fast paced.

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@MacDUFF

Some proof from somewhere... and somewhere else... and somewhere else: Woman Wink

Image result for gif derek hough taking shirt off

Image result for gif derek hough no shirt

Image result for shirtless volleyball players

Yes, that looks familiar.

Esteemed Contributor

"I Saw Derek Hough Take His Shirt Off" @Scooby Doo

That's pretty good but I think I'll wait for the tour when he takes his pants off. Not completely nake, but close.  I'll be first in line for a ticket when that happens. 

Just kidding....maybe, maybe not. Smiley Very Happy

Glad you enjoyed the show! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@Scooby Doo How are they related? Dumb question, but I don't know. TIA

They are brother and sister.

There are four siblings, 3 girls and 1 boy in the very talented family.  Derek and Julianne were trained in England at a prestigious talent school.  Julianne made it big first, then she invited her brother to join her.

The family is from here in Utah and lived in the same area as the Osmonds.

The Houghs are joking referred to as the blonde Osmonds.

@Scooby Doo - I know they were sent to live with the Ballas family in England at a very young age to be trained in dance. That's fine, but I always thought it strange that right before Julianne decided to go into acting, she remembered she had been sexually abused as a young girl. I never heard much more about it, but I thought it was kind of a poor reflection on how the Ballas family handled things. What do you think? 

BTW - I think Derek is great - and humble. I'm not a fan of Julianne's. She seems to want to call attention to herself too much. I didn't enjoy the season of DWTS when her partner was her then-fiance country singer Chuck Wicks, again right before she made a country single, then they broke up. 

Yes, she said she was emotionally, physically and sexually abused as a young child.  I believe that, as a young child, she interpreted the stern upbringing by the Ballas' as abuse.  It was a very strict household and she didn't have the mother's love that she desperately needed being a young girl.  The sexual abuse was when she was dressed and made up to look like a 25 yr old hooker to perform a sexy dance when she was only 10 yrs old.  She was just a little girl when her parents divorced and she was sent off to live in England with other people.  She said that she became a very dark person over there and wanted to come back to the States.  The elder Ballas told her that if she left she would become nothing but a waitress or working at a burger joint.  Derek has even stated that he was afraid to upset the stern Ballas'.  I feel sorry for a little girl who grows up and enters puberty without the loving care of her mother.

Esteemed Contributor

I had never heard any of that.  Very sad, @Scooby Doo.

I have always been a fan of both of them.