QVC Customer Care

Re: I REMEMBERED SOMETHING THAT MADE ME LAUGH

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma

Years ago when people went to the library (maybe they still do?) I was looking for book info in the card catalogue.  I had to kneel down and when I did, I hit my tailbone on the corner of a metal table.  It hurt so bad,  I thought I would vomit.  I was able to get right in to my doctor's (I told you this was a long time ago) and have it checked out.  It was just a bad bruise and he gave me a blow up donut to sit on.  It only hurt when I sat, not walking or laying down. The next day we left for a 6 hour drive to visit my DH's kids and take them to a huge amusement park.  While we were there, I got stung by a bee on my ring finger.  I pulled my wedding band off and saw that it wasn't swelling, so I put it back on.  Immediately, it swelled up......huge.  I started to panic because my finger was huge and the ring was stuck on.  We had to go to the hospital and have my ring cut off.  While we were waiting for the doctor to come in and do it, the maintenance man walked by, saw the predicament, and ended up cutting it off!  That would never happen today!

Anyway, on the way home (6 hour drive),  I was sitting on a blow up donut with my hand in a bag of ice.  I told my DH, someday we are going to laugh about this........and we do.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry but I don't see any humor in this at all.  

You were doing your daughter a favor and she gives you a car with no A/C and no gas?  Maybe it's just me but I don't see the humor.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma

Years ago when people went to the library (maybe they still do?) I was looking for book info in the card catalogue.  I had to kneel down and when I did, I hit my tailbone on the corner of a metal table.  It hurt so bad,  I thought I would vomit.  I was able to get right in to my doctor's (I told you this was a long time ago) and have it checked out.  It was just a bad bruise and he gave me a blow up donut to sit on.  It only hurt when I sat, not walking or laying down. The next day we left for a 6 hour drive to visit my DH's kids and take them to a huge amusement park.  While we were there, I got stung by a bee on my ring finger.  I pulled my wedding band off and saw that it wasn't swelling, so I put it back on.  Immediately, it swelled up......huge.  I started to panic because my finger was huge and the ring was stuck on.  We had to go to the hospital and have my ring cut off.  While we were waiting for the doctor to come in and do it, the maintenance man walked by, saw the predicament, and ended up cutting it off!  That would never happen today!

Anyway, on the way home (6 hour drive),  I was sitting on a blow up donut with my hand in a bag of ice.  I told my DH, someday we are going to laugh about this........and we do.

Oh my gosh, you may laugh about it now but I'll bet you weren't laughing back then.  Isn't it weird how we can laugh about things that weren't funny when it was happening and now it seems humouros.   Thank goodness for our sense of humor. Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

Sorry but I don't see any humor in this at all.  

You were doing your daughter a favor and she gives you a car with no A/C and no gas?  Maybe it's just me but I don't see the humor.

I agree that the daughter, having a daughter of her own, should have been more responsible. It is one thing to need a car for just a mile or two in the heat with no air, but another to be stranded for something as 'fixable' as not keeping gas in the car. It shows lack of maturity and concern for other who depend on you.

But.....stories like this, especially the part about the police and their response, do become more fondly remembered over time. The feeling of knowing they were there to help and not criticize, the learning experience....that we have to check other's gas gauges not just our own, be prepared for the unexpected, don't take things (like that a car will always start) for granted, have a contingency plan....are important.

And even the bleakest of situations can have some humor in them. It's just not everyone can see it, or it isn't all that funny until much later.