Regular Contributor

I RECEIVED MY PAINT BY NUMBER YESTERDAY

It was only a piece of canvas. Is there an easy way to paint on this. I thought it would be on a board. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I RECEIVED MY PAINT BY NUMBER YESTERDAY

Have to tack it to a wood frame.  Sometimes the seller doesn't explain on purpose or print instructions are so small - you miss it.

Board better - I'd return it.

Respected Contributor

I think they all come that way. I have one and I am smoothing it out with a couple of heavy books sitting on it. Then I will stretch it on to a heavy piece of cardboard or a canvas that is on a frame. Then put it on my easel to paint. This will be my first one also.

Honored Contributor

The canvas is intended to be stretched over and stapled to canvas stretchers which can be purchased at art supply stores.  Then when you finish, your painting will be ready for framing.  If this is too much for you, I'd return it.  Next time, look for one that is prestretched.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@May5 wrote:

It was only a piece of canvas. Is there an easy way to paint on this. I thought it would be on a board. 

@May5 @Kitlynn   They don’t all come that way. I almost ordered a different brand and noticed in the reviews that it was just a piece of canvas cloth. I will stick with the brand Dimensions as the ones I’ve looked at are on a board. What brand did you get?

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@May5 wrote:

@May5 @Kitlynn   They don’t all come that way. I almost ordered a different brand and noticed in the reviews that it was just a piece of canvas cloth. I will stick with the brand Dimensions as the ones I’ve looked at are on a board. What brand did you get?

Oh that is good to know. I have had mine several months and I didn't get it out until this last week. I don't remember what brand it is. I just ordered it when the paint by number first popped up on my face book page. Thought it would be fun to try one. I just have seen a lot of post on how to put them on boards and things to paint them and also how to get wrinkles out of them.

Respected Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@May5 wrote:

Oh that is good to know. I have had mine several months and I didn't get it out until this last week. I don't remember what brand it is. I just ordered it when the paint by number first popped up on my face book page. Thought it would be fun to try one. I just have seen a lot of post on how to put them on boards and things to paint them and also how to get wrinkles out of them.

@Kitlynn   I found it so relaxing and my next one should arrive this week. Did you order yours from Amazon?