Honored Contributor

Re: I Never EVER thought I would appreciate ANYTHING Kanye West

On 2/6/2015 MrsSweetieBear said:

OMG - did anyone listen go to the link and listen to this? I don't know what the heck this has to do with Kanye West (don't give a flyingfig for him, but Emily West (never heard of her before) is fanfreakintastic. And the violin and cello sealed the deal for me. WOW!!! Love Love LOVE this!!!

Mahalo for the link. Now the rest of you stop nattering on and on and going all OT and go listen!

ITA! It's beautiful version! That's why I said upthread.....wish everyone would remove the labels & just let the beautiful music wash over them!

Trusted Contributor

sidsmom and Autumn - I just listened to Kanye's version. OMG but how awful is that synthesizer thingy. Yuck. You can't hear how great this song is until you hear Emily West. No relation, I take it. Was this written by Paul McCartney? I can google further and find out but figured I might as well ask here as part of the discussion.

Another song with the same title, but totally different song I loved so long ago was by Roy Orbison. Just as good, but in a different way. Love the saxaphones in his; and his voice, of course.

Back to Emily. I don't watch any of the talent scout shows anymore. I get to annoyed with the judges and mentors and all. But I missed something great. Did she win? Runner up? I'm going to go find some more of her perfomances.

Mahalo again to OP, Townsend, for posting.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Contributor

Kanye West, well, even a blind squirrel picks up an acorn sometimes.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not like any of Kanyes music and that includes his new songs. I am a long time Beatles fan and think Paul McCartney is amazing. I feel bad saying this but I do not like the song with Rhianna, Kanye, and Paul.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

On 2/6/2015 Ilikeshade said:

Kanye is a rapper not a singer. His ridiculous Yessus album along with his claim that he is a genius makes him unlistenable. Rhianna will make his music bearable just like the woman who sings the vocals during Iggy Azalea's dreadful rapping noise.

Wendy Williams stated just two days ago that he will be going on tour with Rhianna and Paul McCartney.....we'll see. I doubt either of them will put up with Kanye's outbursts on stage.

have you ever been to a rihanna concert? she shows up late, very late much of the time and seems to lip sync many of her performances. i've been to a few of her shows but won't go to anymore anytime soon. very disappointing. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 rmb said:

Kanye West, well, even a blind squirrel picks up an acorn sometimes.

He's very, very far from being "blind". He's insightful & innovative. The line forms to the left for all the artists wanting to work w/ him. But if people dislike him for minor reasons, you'll never get it. I love music...music moves me....and I remove labels for that soul-touching experience....and obviously I'm not the only one.

Respected Contributor

He does seem a lot nicer when he's discussing his daughter and family.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/6/2015 Lotus~ said:

If you are talking about the new song.....I hated to admit that I really like it....must be the Paul Mc McCartney touch tho. I never thought I'd like anything "Kanye". {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I only listened to Kanye AFTER hearing the fabulous version by Emily West (no relation). I hate it. His voice is nothing but a fake synthesizer! How awful! Does he always he always do that fakey machine thing I wonder? He's as bad as Taylor Swift who can't sing a note in key.

The words and message of Only One are lovely and inspirational. I have my doubts that he actually wrote it, but anyway, no one else should bother to sing this after hearing Emily West and the perfect combo of piano, violin and cello.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Regular Contributor

On 2/6/2015 MrsSweetieBear said:

sidsmom and Autumn - I just listened to Kanye's version. OMG but how awful is that synthesizer thingy. Yuck. You can't hear how great this song is until you hear Emily West. No relation, I take it. Was this written by Paul McCartney? I can google further and find out but figured I might as well ask here as part of the discussion.

Another song with the same title, but totally different song I loved so long ago was by Roy Orbison. Just as good, but in a different way. Love the saxaphones in his; and his voice, of course.

Back to Emily. I don't watch any of the talent scout shows anymore. I get to annoyed with the judges and mentors and all. But I missed something great. Did she win? Runner up? I'm going to go find some more of her perfomances.

Mahalo again to OP, Townsend, for posting.

MrsSeetieBear,

I don't watch the talent shows anymore either, but ran onto her by accident while channel-surfing....lucky me! Emily was runner-up on AGT, but SHOULD have won! FINALLY - Someone here listened to this new video! THANK YOU, and you're more than welcome for my posting it. Now, do check out her other videos on YouTube, there are lots of them, her new single, "Chandelier" is beautiful, and so is she! After the show, Sony signed her, and she now has a new album to be released, Apr. 28th, "All For You."

Em is truly special. She's older than the usual newbies around, no twerking or naked performances, she is a CLASS act and can sing anything! Her back story is quite interesting. She is also one of the most humble, sweetest, and grateful performers on the planet! She truly loves and is very generous to her fans, which seem to span many generations. Once you hear her, she's difficult to forget. Also, she really can SING - none of that auto-tune junk all the rest of them are using these days because they CAN'T really sing! She's as good singing alone, as with a full orchestra, without any help at all. Anyway, to say I love this girl is an understatement & I have LOTS of company, believe me!

Oh, she's on Facebook, Twitter, etc., so look her up if you're interested....thousands of us are, and the numbers are growing. Once you're hooked, you're hooked! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Enjoy!

Regular Contributor

On 2/7/2015 MrsSweetieBear said:
On 2/6/2015 Lotus~ said:

If you are talking about the new song.....I hated to admit that I really like it....must be the Paul Mc McCartney touch tho. I never thought I'd like anything "Kanye". {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I only listened to Kanye AFTER hearing the fabulous version by Emily West (no relation). I hate it. His voice is nothing but a fake synthesizer! How awful! Does he always he always do that fakey machine thing I wonder? He's as bad as Taylor Swift who can't sing a note in key.

The words and message of Only One are lovely and inspirational. I have my doubts that he actually wrote it, but anyway, no one else should bother to sing this after hearing Emily West and the perfect combo of piano, violin and cello.

You hit the nail on the head. Most of these newer singers can't sing without all the electronics.....sad, indeed. Yes, they ALL do that "fakey" machine thing.....they can't sing without it.

I NEVER would have heard the lyrics to this song if it hadn't been for Emily recording it. Wouldn't think of playing anything produced by Kanye, first of all because he CAN'T sing....among other reasons! Needless to say, I was also impressed by the message of this song.....even if he didn't actually write it himself....Lol!....but who knows? If he actually wrote it, he certainly should forget the singing and stick to writing!

Oh, by the way, Emily also writes a lot of her own music as well.