Trusted Contributor
@Anonymous032819

I read every comment you posted on this thread. I saw a whole different side of you. Please don't take this the wrong way...just hear me out. A lot of times you post crazy comments...of course that's just my opinion lol. But now I realize, you just do that to get a rise out of people. You're a caring person who took good care of her dad. And you're an animal lover too, which is a good thing in my book. Just wanted to say that.😊
I hope you can move. In the meantime, lock your doors!
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Just a note to you about gated communities.

Unless there is a  guard station you might want to keep in mind that everyone's brother and aunt will have the code to get in. 

All it takes is one bad neighbor.

Also keep in mind that if you buy a home, and I hope you can, that gated communities can be private property; in other words, if something such as road repairs  are needed it will come out of HOA fees or an extra assessment.

The city will not perform certain tasks; it will fall onto the residents to pay privately.

It may not be that way everywhere but make sure you ask LOTS of questions if you go gated.  Private vs. Public can hit your purse big time.

Good luck.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh