Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Didn't you once say there was a restaurant behind you?  Is that on the alley?  Restaurants frequently have fires so that could be serious if fire trucks were unable to get to it.  You might call the fire department and discuss with them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I would keep calling the police until it is resolved. Also, call the city building department and see if you can find the owner of the vacant lot.  I know this is not a popular piece of advice but I would consider buying a gun. If you live alone, you need to protect yourself. Many homeless people are mentally ill or drug addicts. 

Another way to get a big dog. They say the barking of a dog deters people from entering your home. I wish you the best and don't give up until a resolution is done.

You might want to contact the local news station, if nothing is happening.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Anonymous032819   Didn't you once say there was a restaurant behind you?  Is that on the alley?  Restaurants frequently have fires so that could be serious if fire trucks were unable to get to it.  You might call the fire department and discuss with them. 

Was that the Caribbean Restaurant? Jerk Chicken.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I know you are renting but keep calling. Your car was broken into recently. If it were your property I would say you should put up at least two flood lights and that just might deter them.  Those flood lights can do wonders.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819,  I was going to make the same suggestion @Kachina624 did, call the fire department and tell them about the blocked alley and apparent lack of follow up by the police department. 

If there is a restaurant in immediate proximity to your house and the vehicles stress that you are always afraid of a fire at the restaurant and the vehicles would hinder access in an emergency.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

When there is a will, there is a way.  MOVE.  Sounds like it's a tough area.  Yes, I would call the police and tell them no one moved and you do not want them blocking the alley.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Anonymous032819,  I was going to make the same suggestion @Kachina624 did, call the fire department and tell them about the blocked alley and apparent lack of follow up by the police department. 

If there is a restaurant in immediate proximity to your house and the vehicles stress that you are always afraid of a fire at the restaurant and the vehicles would hinder access in an emergency.

@Marp   I think the fire department may take this more seriously than the police who think they have bigger fish to fry. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: I Need Your Advice

[ Edited ]

@colleena wrote:

@Anonymous032819 I'm not sure but is there an online form through the police department that you could fill out w/all that you wrote here so that there would be a written record.  Hoping others have better ideas for you & good luck.

@colleena's suggestion is a very good one.  You need a paper trail that might be emails, online forms or whatever.  I would also send follow up email after reporting the problems.  

I am sorry that you, @Anonymous032819 are having these problems.  A home whether  owned or rented should be a place of safety.  Good luck and please let us know how you do. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

Well, the motor homes are gone (for now). But if/when they return, I'll call again.

Once again, thank you for all of your advice!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Why do you think they may return?