Honored Contributor

Re: I NOW HATE CHRISTMAS THANKS TO QVC!

@Secretariat1 wrote:

It's only June 23 and QVC is foaming at the mouth to exploit Christmas once again. I don't know why they just don't start in January....all I know is that they have turned me so off to this holiday that by the time Christmas comes I'm sick of it and can't wait for it to end. Absolutely hate it.

@Secretariat1   Hate is kind of a strong word, but I do agree they've turned the holiday into "buy this" mind set and a chance to exploit the gift giving end of the holiday instead of the true meaning of Christmas AND I don't even celebrate this holiday. I stop watching and don't record any of those shows.

Honored Contributor

I always liked it because then I could buy things for Christmas early when I had the time and closer to Christmas get all my baking and decorating done without wasting time shopping for Christmas things which I love!!  

Honored Contributor

@Secretariat1  I've already seen Christmas in local stores, too, and lots of Halloween right nearby.

I won't be surprised to see lots of both the local offerings and QVC's disappear into homes almost immediately. 

I have no personal decor purchases in mind, but if I did. this is one year I'd buy as soon as I saw what pleased me.

Trusted Contributor

I understand the true meaning of Christmas, but am truly surprised when I read that term in relation to QVC,

QVC is a retail business, plain and simple. Regardless of whether one likes to watch or not, QVCs only purpose is to sell as much merchandise as possible, same as any retail store or company.  

Trusted Contributor

@Secretariat1 wrote:

It's only June 23 and QVC is foaming at the mouth to exploit Christmas once again. I don't know why they just don't start in January....all I know is that they have turned me so off to this holiday that by the time Christmas comes I'm sick of it and can't wait for it to end. Absolutely hate it.

WOW How about a little more Drama.  All you have to do is change the channel or turn off the tv and do something else.  

If you don't like Christmas don't blame QVC,

Personally I wish they would do Christmas year round but they don't so there is that.

Respected Contributor

@Secretariat1 wrote:

So don't watch.

Honored Contributor

I love to think about Christmastime during these hot months. The whole season seems so romantic and magical when I think ahead.  I've even been known to watch my favorite Christmas movie, "It's a Wonderful Life" during the dog-days of summer. I've never done any shopping this early in the year, but now that I'm retired I might just do that.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Someone is buying the junk...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Joy312 wrote:

I couldn't agree more, start earlier and earlier every year.

In the summertime, the last thing you want to see is Christmas,

what a turnoff!

@Joy312 Christmas in the summertime may be the last thing YOU want to see, but that's not necessarily true for others--as evidenced by the popularity of Christmas in July, here and at other retailers. 

Honored Contributor

I ignore Christms programming which seems like it is "stealing" spring.