Honored Contributor

Re: I NOW HATE CHRISTMAS THANKS TO QVC!

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Secretariat1 Don't blame your dislike of Christmas on a shopping channel that you can easily turn off! Your feelings are on you, not QVC. I don't watch the Christmas shows cuz I'm not interested in buying anything.

That's what I do.  I was shocked to see Christmas in July in June lol so I watched something elseSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

For the life of me, I cannot understand how a retailor can force someone to "hate" anything.  If someone dedicates their entire day to watching something they don't like or don't want it's not the retailor's fault.

It might be the right time to sit down and review your TV viewing and the meaning of Christmas to YOU.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

I used to like to watch QVC more than I do now.  So it really bugged me to see Christmas so early.  And I'm pretty sure it's earlier now.  Not even waiting for July is total overkill for me.

I don't hate Christmas, but it has changed a lot for me.  Losing both my parents and traditional family gatherings has taken any joy I once had.  I mostly only shop for my daughter. 

I haven't watched ANY television in weeks, so no QVC either.  Just have no interest.  I used to watch late at night and since they switched to reruns, I just tuned out mostly.

I guess it's nice that some people enjoy it.  I suppose it must make money for them or they wouldn't keep doing it.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Goodness, there sure is a lot of sniping going on over this post! I don't watch live programming, so it doesn't really bother me that the Christmas shows seem to be starting early. I check recently aired program to see if there's anything that might interest me - and the Christmas shows do not interest me. That said, I'm not going to be snarky and tell the OP to change the channel....she's a viewer and has a right to mention her dislike of seeing Christmas programming in June, and I agree with her. Yes, she did go over the edge a bit.

In looking at the list of recently aired items, it looks to me like there aren't many things being sold so far that would make great gifts...most of it appears to be home decorating and food, and there's not one person on my list who wants or needs more decorative items or expensive food shipping from the Q.  And at my age, I'm not going to be buying more decor either....the food is a non-event because I can find less expensive alternatives than what the Q offers. The point is that CI June, July and August are overboard to some of us and it should be okay to say that. If you don't like the comments, then just don't read them....oh-oh, that sounds too much like "just change the channel"!!

@jannabelle1  I think what a lot of us took issue with is NOT that she dislikes the CIJ programming--that's understandable, no one likes ALL programs--it's the dramatic "I HATE CHRISTMAS THANKS TO QVC" that prompted a lot of our replies. If TV programming ruins Christmas for her, she has bigger problems than a home shopping channel. Or maybe she's an over-dramatic person anyway...those people just make me tired!

I agree @vermint . Don't care that she or anyone else does not care for CIJ. It was the SCREAMING header and such vitriol and over the top negativity for a simple tv show. Yep, if she or anyone else lets a tv show ruin Christmas for them, they have bigger problems.