Super Contributor

I NOW HATE CHRISTMAS THANKS TO QVC!

It's only June 23 and QVC is foaming at the mouth to exploit Christmas once again. I don't know why they just don't start in January....all I know is that they have turned me so off to this holiday that by the time Christmas comes I'm sick of it and can't wait for it to end. Absolutely hate it.

Respected Contributor

Re: I NOW HATE CHRISTMAS THANKS TO QVC!

QVC likes to feature items and events that sell.  Obviously CIJ is very popular, and QVC does well.  Nobody forces you to watch it.  If you hate Christmas, you have bigger problems than a shopping channel.

I already ordered one advance item, and I am hoping some of my other favorites will come up on the website soon!

I love to shop for the holidays, and I start the day AFTER Christmas for the next year, so I do not find CIJ too early.  I actually think it is very cute and convenient, and it helps me stay organized in advance.

Honored Contributor

@Secretariat1 Don't blame your dislike of Christmas on a shopping channel that you can easily turn off! Your feelings are on you, not QVC. I don't watch the Christmas shows cuz I'm not interested in buying anything.

Respected Contributor

overkill?

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

Christmas shows are really the only ones that I watch on QVC

I guess we cancel each other out.

Occasional Contributor

I couldn't agree more, start earlier and earlier every year.

In the summertime, the last thing you want to see is Christmas,

what a turnoff!

Esteemed Contributor

I think Christmas has become so commercialized that we have lost the true meaning. It is sad to see what was suppose to be so beautiful is now only valued in dollars spent. I am not into CIJ.

Respected Contributor

I swear, it's as if people only get one channel on their television. 

Trusted Contributor

Well, QVC is a retailer just doing what all retailers do. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Retailers have marketing seasons and they don't coincide with the traditional calendar's seasons. If any retailer waits until after Thanksgiving to push Christmas, they're in big trouble. Those Christmas shopping $$$ have already landed into another retailer's cash register. 

I worked in retail for over 25 years and lived through 25 Christmas shopping seasons in both good and bad times. Nothing I ever experienced, be it cranky customers, increased work loads, longer hours, 24/7 Christmas music, etc. ever made me hate Christmas, nor would I let it. 
Quite honestly, the general consensus among people who have worked retail is that the same customers who come in the store to complain about not wanting to see anything Christmas before Thanksgiving are the same customers who come Christmas shopping several days before Christmas and complain that everything is picked over and there's basically nothing left to buy. 😑

Trusted Contributor

"Hating" Christmas because of QVC programming is a little extreme, don't you think?  Thankfully it's just a shopping channel and you don't have to watch it.

I know a lot of people don't enjoy CIJ programming, but many do.  I am someone that looks forward to it each year.  There are many shows on QVC that I don't enjoy at all, so I don't watch.  I have plenty of other things to do that fill my time.