Esteemed Contributor

The government just verified that I'm a super psychic!

I went to donotcall.gov to verify that my house and cell numbers are on the do not call list. According to the verification both numbers were registered in 2003, four years before I had either number. Super psychic. 

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Re: I Must Be Super Psychic!

@Marp wrote:

The government just verified that I'm a super psychic!

I went to donotcall.gov to verify that my house and cell numbers are on the do not call list. According to the verification both numbers were registered in 2003, four years before I had either number. Super psychic. 

Actually, @Marp , it would appear that it's the government that's psychic. Back in 2003, not only did they know you'd be assigned those numbers, but they also knew that you'd want them on the Do Not Call List.

[cue the Twilight Zone theme song]

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann,  guess big brother is not only watching it is expanding on the Minority Report premise.  Maybe instead of the service providers assigning the numbers .gov assigned them.

Hmmm, how easy is it to get conspiracy theories to go viral.

Honored Contributor

Could 2003, have been the year you registered some phone number elsewhere and opened an account?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your future self must have meddled with your past self. Now I see how we ended up in this crazy timeline. The potential dimensions got crossed. As a timelord, @Marp you really need to go back and fix this!

Kidding! In case anyone thinks I might be serious. Woman Tongue

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Based on what I get, the DNC list didn't work then and it does not work now.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Based on what I get, the DNC list didn't work then and it does not work now.  

@Still Raining,  it is not perfect, it is not the least bit fast but to a degree it does work. The major benefit comes from companies that follow the law.

The major shortcomings are due to scofflaws and those that use number spoofing making it difficult to impossible to trace AND those receiving calls not automatically filing complaints so the FCC can be made aware, monitor and when enough complaints are received act.

There have been some big wins but that news is usually relegated to the back pages of financial news.  This is one of the biggest in process and is current:

Feds seek $225M fine for pair who made a billion robocalls

The U.S. communications regulator on Tuesday proposed a $225 million fine, its largest ever, against two health insurance telemarketers for spamming people with 1 billion robocalls using fake phone numbers.

The Federal Communications Commission said John Spiller and Jakob Mears made the calls through two businesses. State attorneys general of Arkansas, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio and Texas also sued the two men and their companies, Rising Eagle and JSquared Telecom, in federal court in Texas, where both men live, for violating the federal law governing telemarketing, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.

More at:  msn.com/en-us/money/news/feds-seek-225m-fine-for-pair-who-made-a-billion-robocalls/ar-BB15fTXF

Alternatively if you search on the article title there are numerous reporting sources.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining   The DNC mainly blocks for calls ORIGINATING from the USofA. 

99.9% of scam calls ORIGINATES from OUTSIDE the USofA.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Marp 

can you please give me the winning numbers for the Texas lottery??????

Surfside Loco - Posts | Facebook

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Marp 

can you please give me the winning numbers for the Texas lottery??????

Surfside Loco - Posts | Facebook

@Spurt,  since the phone numbers weren't assigned to me until 4+ years after they were registered You'll have to be patient.  The numbers, to be drawn sometime in 2024 or later are:   9 11 17 23 32 41