Honored Contributor

Re: I Missed It, Is She Alright?

On 2/5/2015 dmod nj said:
On 2/5/2015 Georgie the 5th said:
On 2/5/2015 NoelSeven said:
I've noticed a pattern. Beginning comments are usually pretty good. Valid observations and facts, some who disagree politely. The longer it goes on, the greater the chance it will quickly disintegrate with the arrival of new participants and nics whose only interest is destruction of the thread or inane comments.

I suppose my comments could be construed as inane, but I am very, very tired of seeing my posts disappear whenever scotttie and/or croemer are around. It has happened far too often to be a coincidence. I really have just about reached the end of my plank with VPs.

Please don't let anyone stop you from posting.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

ITA.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Georgie,

BTW, I know what you mean, it happens to me, too.

You handle it better than I do. I let my uber sarcastic persona loose instead of remaining cool, calm and collected.

LOL. You are not alone {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

But I am working on telling myself not to even respond to those who make outrageous comments about science when it's obvious they have never taken even an introductory class in the subject.

Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2015 dooBdoo said:

Wow. I saw nothing but positive comments on that thread. I offered my thanks, didn't say anything negative. And didn't see anything negative from the others, so I'm confused as to what the "not so nice things" might have been. Yet we see the angry, disruptive threads and comments standing for days and days. I gave up understanding the moderation a long time ago, but I'd love to know who felt it necessary to report the thread and try to bring it to the moderator's attention.

Anyway, my thanks to all of you for the kind words, and right back atcha!Smile

I haven't looked at the Wilson thread, dbd. Some just aren't worth it, but when science is twisted and ridiculed, that gets me.

It gets me, too, Noel. Hard to know when it's worth it to jump in and join the discussion.

I've noticed a pattern. Beginning comments are usually pretty good. Valid observations and facts, some who disagree politely. The longer it goes on, the greater the chance it will quickly disintegrate with the arrival of new participants and nics whose only interest is destruction of the thread or inane comments.

Giggle....so true. The 'baby' thread went so off track & wheel's off near the end. Funny to be gone for awhile, come back & read the last comment of many pages. Most of the time, it doesn't even remotely resemble rhe OP! =Smiley Very Happy

dooBdoo...miss your posts!

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 raven-blackbird said:

I suppose my comments could be construed as inane, but I am very, very tired of seeing my posts disappear whenever scotttie and/or croemer are around. It has happened far too often to be a coincidence. I really have just about reached the end of my plank with VPs.

Georgie...........if you're implying that scottie and/or croemer are somehow getting your posts removed...........it's NOT their style.........they may disagree with you, that may state that they disagree with you and you can bet EACH and EVERY TIME, they will do that in a polite manner..........and as far as I know, they aren't button pushers............best not to point a finger or lay blame unless you know something with 100% certainty..........maybe the mod just doesn't like your approach to a discussion.........................................raven

I disagree completely................................not once, twice, even three times but every time I post on a controversial topic and those two are present, my posts disappear. Even my very innocuous comment today to cromer "You're funny." was eliminated. So unless you are also 100% certain, give me the right to my opinion.

I didn't take your right to your opinion.........I simply gave you mine and a little advise.......my opinion was based on fact however..........I've watched them interact with people for a good number of years.........I've watched them be attacked and STILL respond in a polite manner when I would have cleaned the person's clock...........you're basing your opinion on the fact that you have posted on controversial subject and IF they had an opposing view, your post went poof, so it has to be them........LOL ok LOL..........they happen to be well liked posters here, and my money is on someone who enjoys their posts took offense your sarcastic (not my description, but yours) reply and pushed the button on you..........the fact your post did go bye bye, simply means the mod agreed.....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2015 sidsmom said:

Wow. I saw nothing but positive comments on that thread. I offered my thanks, didn't say anything negative. And didn't see anything negative from the others, so I'm confused as to what the "not so nice things" might have been. Yet we see the angry, disruptive threads and comments standing for days and days. I gave up understanding the moderation a long time ago, but I'd love to know who felt it necessary to report the thread and try to bring it to the moderator's attention.

Anyway, my thanks to all of you for the kind words, and right back atcha!Smile

I haven't looked at the Wilson thread, dbd. Some just aren't worth it, but when science is twisted and ridiculed, that gets me.

It gets me, too, Noel. Hard to know when it's worth it to jump in and join the discussion.

Giggle....so true. The 'baby' thread went so off track & wheel's off near the end. Funny to be gone for awhile, come back & read the last comment of many pages. Most of the time, it doesn't even remotely resemble rhe OP! =Smiley Very Happy

Yes, that, too Smile

In fact, imo, often all you have to do with a long thread is read the last page or two to know if it's not worth responding to because the destroyers are in full swing.

Super Contributor

Georgie...........if you're implying that scottie and/or croemer are somehow getting your posts removed...........it's NOT their style.........they may disagree with you, that may state that they disagree with you and you can bet EACH and EVERY TIME, they will do that in a polite manner..........and as far as I know, they aren't button pushers............best not to point a finger or lay blame unless you know something with 100% certainty..........maybe the mod just doesn't like your approach to a discussion.........................................raven

I disagree completely................................not once, twice, even three times but every time I post on a controversial topic and those two are present, my posts disappear. Even my very innocuous comment today to cromer "You're funny." was eliminated. So unless you are also 100% certain, give me the right to my opinion.

I didn't take your right to your opinion.........I simply gave you mine and a little advise.......my opinion was based on fact however..........I've watched them interact with people for a good number of years.........I've watched them be attacked and STILL respond in a polite manner when I would have cleaned the person's clock...........you're basing your opinion on the fact that you have posted on controversial subject and IF they had an opposing view, your post went poof, so it has to be them........LOL ok LOL..........they happen to be well liked posters here, and my money is on someone who enjoys their posts took offense your sarcastic (not my description, but yours) reply and pushed the button on you..........the fact your post did go bye bye, simply means the mod agreed.....................................raven

So you are saying that the moderation is biased towards the conservative Viewpoint because their viewpoints are left standing? Ok. I get it. It is pointless to discuss this further because you know what is happening here and I don't. Thank you for enlightening me.

Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2015 dmod nj said:

Please don't let anyone stop you from posting.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

ITA.

I agree, too, with dmod and Noel. I would add: if you ever feel something's amiss with the moderation, I hope you'll send an email to their group (here's their posted, public email address: Social.Team@qvc.com). I think, from reading comments of other posters, the Webbies do take it seriously if someone is following a poster around excessively and inappropriately reporting posts. But they have a lot of threads to review, so bringing it to their attention isn't a bad idea. Remember, though, it might not be anyone who's actively posting at the time -- it might be someone who's signed in, but not joining in on the discussion. The moderators will know for certain.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

So you are saying that the moderation is biased towards the conservative Viewpoint because their viewpoints are left standing? Ok. I get it. It is pointless to discuss this further because you know what is happening here and I don't. Thank you for enlightening me.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I'm saying that the moderation has made it's stance pretty clear..........play nice kiddies or we'll take the marbles away............in this case a post, and one that may have been slathered in sarcasm..........sarcasm = no marbles for you.............................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Regular Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Caravaggio said:

Ladies I did not post on the thread holding my tongue I just read through. My suggestion if you are going to do a shout out you may want to remember that it is on an open forum and with that said. Even though your thoughts may be to each other saying not so nice things about others can lead to a thread going bye bye.

I know shocker.

Par for the course with the two involved.

Honored Contributor

Another hint is that it's all over when the multi-nics arrive.