Respected Contributor

Re: I Miss Steve Bryant - But Only In October

I am really disappointed in the Q for not having the Haloween and Easter programs. I bought so much of the items they used to have on for these holidays. Even for Thanksgiving I bought a beautiful set of pilgrims that had at least 10 pieces. Easter i bought the animated bunnies that move used them in my big window with a Easter scene. Haloween wow I really got some great characters that I use inside and out side. Plus all those masks that we have had so much fun with.  Steve was so much fun on these shows. Hope he is doing well.

Respected Contributor

....wasn't that something like 27 years ago...?????  lol  

Respected Contributor

..he was a show host.  Many, many, many moons ago. 

Respected Contributor

I miss Steve and Ron Maestri doing the Halloween shows.  I really enjoyed them both as hosts.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

....wasn't that something like 27 years ago...?????  lol  

Well, no because he did lots of Halloween shows, not just for one year!  

Respected Contributor

I cannot say there is anything I miss about Steve Bryant.  I found him smug, arrogant and condescending.

He was his own biggest fan.

Respected Contributor

Muttmom that is him exactly. He is getting worse as he gets older. Thinks he knows it all and is always right.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was his FB friend just so I could read his page. He amused me by being so arrogant and pompous. 

I finally had to leave because my amusement eventually turned to disgust. He threw a lot of people off and started a new page. 

He does write a blog under his name blog dot com. It's filled with contempt for everyone and everything except himself and Ron Popeil, who is his idol. 

His parting words on his posts were, "Get off my lawn!"

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I urge all of you who think he was so great (or even remember him fondly) to go to his blog where brags about how he bamboozled people into buying what he now refers to as junk.

He puts down just about every product he ever sold on the Q and reminisces about how he could sell out even the most ridiculous products.  He enjoys that he was so good at putting one over on his audience.

I could never stomach him and saw him for what he was, but some people loved him.  I don't know how anyone can continue to lament that they miss him after reading his blog.

(Not referring to Pearley missing the Halloween shows.)

Esteemed Contributor

Long ago when I actually watched the Q, I felt Steve provided comic relief. I thought I would die laughing the time he tried to demonstrate the automatic potato peeler and the potato kept rolling off its perch. He tried it about three times with the same results, and his comments were priceless. All of a sudden the cameras switched to a commercial for upcoming shows. When they returned, Steve was no longer selling that item and had moved on to new merchandise.