Respected Contributor

Re: I Miss Steve Bryant - But Only In October

Also, did you know that he and Kathy Levine were once a couple?  They kept it secret for quite a while.  Kathy wrote several books giving all the "scoop" about QVC behind the scenes!!

Respected Contributor

SilkyK, I loved his shows with Bill Fenton, too. 

It probably wasn't Steve B.  I just plain liked Bill Fenton.  What a sweetheart.  I have two or three of his vases, and I use them all to this day.  I gave many more as gifts.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Q used to be fun with the cool sets/costumes on the Irish holidays and Kirk's Folly.

@missy1  I so agree.  That's why I said in my first post Q used to be a lot more fun.

You gave great examples of that.  I also used to like the Warner Bros. shows with David V. and Jill B. - because they were so "into" the Warner Bros. products.

To all:  Steve shouldn't really be ragging on QVC given that he used to brag how wealthe he was (when he was a host) because he'd bought QVC stock early on which made him very rich. Or so he said.  IMO he always acted like the hosting job was "beneath him" and he quite obviously had contempt for some of the products he needed to sell, bordering on ridiculing them.

I still loved the Halloween shows and the sets and dry ice and the spooky music  as someone else mentioned. QVC used to make a lot more effort on the customers' behalf IMO.

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@mima wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Was Steve a vendor or a QVC host?

He was a host and I loved him all year long.  Halloween was my favorite time with Steve though!

He was a host who left QVC quite a few years ago, and has since made a career in social media of trashing all things Q.

Are you one of his fb friends @Moonchilde

LOL definitely not. That man has issues bordering on the obsessive, with a healthy helping of narcissism.

Had to laugh at "healthy"!  That is the perfect way to say it!  LOL

He seems to be very bitter about QVC. I never cared for him as a host because he never seemed to really respect the audience. He always seemed to me to be laughing at us for buying his sales pitch, if that makes any sense. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I'm surprised that neither QVC nor HSN offer much if any Halloween merchandise of any kind any more. I know they don't offer things that bomb out in the sales dept, but since so many on the forums seem to live where there are few/no stores (or say they do) and wouldn't have a local shopping opportunity, I would have though they would buy QVC. OTOH, it does demonstrate that the majority of QVC shoppers are a lot older than QVC wants to think.

Theyre too busy pushing Christmas down our throats.  In order for things to be in the correct chronological order they'd have to present Halloween stuff in April or May, which mmean Easter stuff for Valentine's.  See how complicated programming can be?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Steve Bryant was my least favorite QVC host ever.  I live near QVC so see the hosts out and about.  He was so full of himself.

I still cannot believe Kathy Levine ever dated him.  What was she thinking?

Respected Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

Steve Bryant was my least favorite QVC host ever.  I live near QVC so see the hosts out and about.  He was so full of himself.

We all live with regrets. Lol

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@Preds wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@mima wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Was Steve a vendor or a QVC host?

He was a host and I loved him all year long.  Halloween was my favorite time with Steve though!

He was a host who left QVC quite a few years ago, and has since made a career in social media of trashing all things Q.

Are you one of his fb friends @Moonchilde

LOL definitely not. That man has issues bordering on the obsessive, with a healthy helping of narcissism.

Had to laugh at "healthy"!  That is the perfect way to say it!  LOL

He seems to be very bitter about QVC. I never cared for him as a host because he never seemed to really respect the audience. He always seemed to me to be laughing at us for buying his sales pitch, if that makes any sense. 

It makes perfect sense. Steve thinks his doody is not odiferous, and apparently always has. There is self-confidence and there is hubris - Stevie-boy is OTT with the latter.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

Prior to Steve, she must have been "desperate and dateless" to have gone with him.  It lasted quite a while too.  She wrote in her book how competitive he was, and how he was jealous rather than supportive of her (my paraphrasing of what she wrote) if she did better.

Respected Contributor

I don't know him personally, but he got me through some tough nights when I was on the night shift with my dad, who had early onset Alzheimer's and didn't sleep well. 

I wish Steve Bryant well for making my dad smile when he hadn't smiled in a while.  SB was OK as far as I am concerned.