Respected Contributor

Re: I Miss Steve Bryant - But Only In October

@Moonchilde wrote:

@mima wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Was Steve a vendor or a QVC host?

He was a host and I loved him all year long.  Halloween was my favorite time with Steve though!

He was a host who left QVC quite a few years ago, and has since made a career in social media of trashing all things Q.

Are you one of his fb friends @Moonchilde

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

We enjoyed Steve on the Q.  I have seen his FB page and he is very outspoken about the Q, but also a lot of other things.  He doesn't hold back on his feelings and is not for the faint of heart.   Just realized I haven't looked him up in a long, long time ... maybe I should.  LOL  DH always got hooked into at least one mask by Mario.  We still alternate them every year.  Halloween is my fav. and DH plays along. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I often enjoyed his honest, funny, sometimes diva-like presentations and wish him well.

During an online retail milestone in my life Smiley Happy which was the Shop at Home going out of business sale around 2006--I bought so many pretty pieces on that sale--Steve Bryant who was then working for the network, was presenting a selection of Ammolite.  It's a fossilized mineral that looks like malachite crossed with opal.  I love ammolite but can't afford it, and here was this distress sale on it. 

Steve was presenting some ammolite drop earrings (still among my favorites) and began one of his weird reveries.  He said:  "Fossils million upon millions of years old.  What if jewelry presenters were millions upon millions of years old?--well, I practically am." 

He was diagnosed with cancer some time ago (8 or so years?) and I hope he is doing well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

Steve Bryant was never one of my favorite show hosts.  However, I loved his Halloween shows with the mask guy, Mario Chioto (sp?).  Steve was really "into" Halloween and so he obviously enjoyed presenting those maks very much, and really hammed it up!

Q used to be much more fun in those days. Sigh!

I didn't watch the Q when Steve hosted. I think it was around 2000/2001, I started watching.  Mario later,  was the Halloween vendor at HSN. 

Q used to be fun with the cool sets/costumes on the Irish holidays and Kirk's Folly.

Valued Contributor

Ah yes, I remember those Halloween shows, back when they devoted more time to specialized theme shows & decorated the sets with dry ice & spooky sound effects & great items for sale!  I bought quite a few things from those shows.  I miss those more festive events, too!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Respected Contributor

I LOVED Steve's Halloween shows and also his shows with Bill Fenton from Fenton Glass. He was a great host and I really enjoy reading his blog (interesting topics)..... and his music! A very talented guy!

Honored Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@mima wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

He was a host and I loved him all year long.  Halloween was my favorite time with Steve though!

He was a host who left QVC quite a few years ago, and has since made a career in social media of trashing all things Q.

LOL definitely not. That man has issues bordering on the obsessive, with a healthy helping of narcissism.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@mima wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

LOL definitely not. That man has issues bordering on the obsessive, with a healthy helping of narcissism.

Had to laugh at "healthy"!  That is the perfect way to say it!  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Steve's Halloween shows were so well done. With all the Halloween stores popping up at the malls, QVC probably figures Why Bother?
Respected Contributor

I saw him recently in a TV commercial selling knives!