Honored Contributor

Thank you for the invite. Smiley Happy  I may just drop in once in a while ... just to make sure y'all are still here. LOL   Hope eveyone comes back or at least checks in. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Hi Marp taking a short break from BB game and Races . we will be without power one day next week for 8 hrs Mr H is going to soninlaws and I am staying home with the Queen as she is not an outside dog and about 14yrs old and I cant leave her in the house with no doors opened hope i make it through it is supposed to be around 100  so keep me and all  affected in your prayers. Miss everyone a lot.     

There will Be Peace In The Valley Some Day . I must keep in my thoughts.    

Toodles, Nafey                  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nafe, I'm so glad you saw the new posts.  If you haven't already done so at the top of the first page above your original post are topic options.  If you click on float this topic it will always be at the top of the page in Community Chat when you sign in.

I really hate to start this thread off with a lecture but you have no business being home for eight or more hours in 100+ degree weather without air conditioning.  Is there anyway possible to take the Queen with you somewhere?  She should not be in that situation either.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Marp, for directing me here. Now that I'm retired I was looking forward to being with the hutchmates more often. How's your mom doing?  

Hi, Nafey!  I missed you and the other hutchmates too!  Hope you and DH are feeling well. 

Hi tansy and Preds!  I hope kdgn, happy, bunny, newberry, and syds find this thread and post. Everyone has been in my thoughts. Kansas played nearby the other night, which made me think of Wheatchick. Hope she and Cindy are okay. 

My son is getting married next summer, and we had an engagement party last night. It was a lot of fun once it was happening. I tend to have social anxiety about hosting parties like that and was nervous about it in the days preceding. I will be nervous again once the wedding gets closer.  We we went to a graduation party this afternoon for a friend's son who graduated from college. I feel very comfortable with the friend and another couple, but there were others there I only see once a year or so, and I even had a little anxiety about that. It seems to be worse as I get older. 

Frequent Contributor

Somehow I missed this post, Nafey. I'm so glad your Queen is still keeping you company. How I miss my Jasmine. I always hoped she'd live long enough to help me enjoy retirement. I have Remi, who is a lovely dog, so I'm thankful for that. You be careful in all that heat!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Voots,

Congratulations on your retirement. Does that mean you are now ready to head north?

Also congratulations to your son and his future wife. It sounds like you have a few busy months ahead of you. Next summer sounds so far away but the way this year has passed I'm not sure anything is far away. Guess it is an age thing.

My mom is doing surprisingly well. I still go to see her almost every day. She doesn't eat well (so what else is new) but with all the Boost she drinks is maintaining her weight and nutrition. She considers her room the NH home and as long as there are no dramatic changes she is content. Big changes upsets her, as it does most of the other residents in her unit.

I lost Shadow, my oldest cat, at the end of March so I sure can relate to how much you still miss Jasmine. Shadow was almost 19. Teddy is brattier than ever and the three remaining cats are as spoiled as Teddy. They have trained me well.

I'm glad to see that you will have more time to post. Lots of changes here but most of them are good and Q is working on fixing the biggest sticking points. One of the really nice changes is there is now some direct communication between the social team and posters.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Frequent Contributor
So sorry about Shadow, Marp. Glad you have Teddy and the other kitties. I'm happy to hear your mom is doing well. How old is she now? Hopefully we will knock the NH house down in the fall and start building the new one. DH still has work obligations in CT for a little while longer. We'll see. I do enjoy being near my kids and wish we could afford to have both houses.
Frequent Contributor

I just put up a picture of Remi as my avatar, but as you can see, it's sideways. Does anyone know how I can change the orientation?

Respected Contributor

Hi----I am not a previous hutchmate but it would be nice to get to know all of you. Rabbits DO multiply so maybe you have room in the hutch for some offspring ! 

IRL, I actually raise rabbits as a hobby....I currently have about 13 (as of a few hours ago ) ! The fox got my last group of chickens, about 3 weeks ago, but I have 14 guinea fowl ,3 goats and some ducks.....I live in NJ right on the NY state border and 20 miles from NYC. 

Respected Contributor

Hi hutchmates...it is so good to hear from you. I post regularly on 2 threads in the fashion forums so I am still here.

sydnie is growing and remains her delightful self. We have been busy running her to her summer activities. 

The he only time I hear from bunny is occasionally on fb. 

I will ill look at those other threads...

(((( hugs))))