Respected Contributor

I do not watch TV during the day for any particular show and remember when television was free.

Maybe adult programing is not politically correct....ouch.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch daytime TV but I watch some morning TV: the news part of GMA and the opening half hour of The View.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I enjoy create on pbs. I see Julia  Child, Jaques Pepin, Martha Stewart and a host of others

Nothing dumbed down, no cutesy stuff like calling things stewp( Reachel Ray)

@cherry  I also enjoy Pepin...and Pati's mexican table and Lidia's show Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

If you haven't already done so, check out how many PBS stations broadcast in your neck of the woods.  Most of their shows are for grown ups.  The ones for children are very good, too, if you have small kids or grandchildren.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt

Those awful talent shows are the cheapest to produce. I watched American Idol for the first few seasons --- now I can't stand any of them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

It's the women in their 50s - and older - who are the best workers. If ur over 40 - male or female - it's much more difficult to find a job. This discrimination has been going on for many years. I suggest people check out Temp Jobs -- a great way to find a permanent job!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I miss adults on newscasts, cooking shows, weather casts, giving book reviews, etc.

I am so sick of seeing pie throwing, dancing and jumping, screaming, baby food like cupcakes and mac and cheese, and other things that adults do and talk about..  

Intelligence and wit and interesting food seem to have disappeared in favor of the junior high school mentality and hijenks that you see, hear or read in almost any medium now.  

I just miss the grown up world. This feeling was brought on when I tried to watch The Chew just now.  

Try the Food Network.

The Food Network is part of the problem.  One example is Alton Brown.  I so want to watch a decent Iron Chef, but simply cannot tolerate that ___________ for 1 minute.  He needs to go.  He's just a big kid bragging on himself all the time.

Isn't Michael Simon an Iron Chef?

Alton is the host.  Yes, Michael Symon competed on Iron Chef.  He's also on the Chew.  I like Alton.

Respected Contributor

I think you are watching the wrong shows. First, avoid daytime TV! 

Esteemed Contributor

Daytime TV is not the only offender. I love watching Law & Order reruns and my guilty pleasure is watching Say Yes To The Dress but WHOA, I cannot believe what I‘m seeing in some previews of other shows. Multiple wives, wildly bizarre behavior, freak shows, pathologies, compulsions, arranged marriages, morbid obesity...I could go on. The weirder and dumber the better...that’s their MO. Many of these shows, probably all of them, are on at night. I absolutely agree that much too much TV has become shamelessly infantile. The lowest common denominator and the easiest nonsense to garner attention, a kind of dog whistle for humans, define too much of television today.

Honored Contributor
I've boycotted The Chew ever since it replaced my favorite soap opera, All My Children.