Honored Contributor

Re: I Met a Wonderful Woman & Made a New Friend!

What a wonderful story! I am sure she feels very blessed to have you in her life now...giving her something to look forward to like the holidays can really help her quality of life as well as her health; the important thing to stay in touch. How sad her “friends” have abandoned her. Sounds like you were there by divine appointment!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 

So happy that the two of you met, I also believe in fate.  Just as important is your willingness and ability to seize the moment.

I met a woman in a local store a few weeks ago, we started talking and had many things in common.  She was in no apparent distress, but I felt that sympatico spark we sometimes feel, but I let negativity, ‘she is probably much too busy, she would think I’m a stalker, I’d probably just seem silly’, stop me from saying anything.  An opportunity lost.  So glad you were able to reach out for this.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2, What a beautiful story!  You are a beautiful soul.  I wish you and your new friend much happiness together.  There seems to be such unkindness out there now.  One of my “sister friends” recently sent me a great book:  “Unshakable Hope” by Max Lucado, a Christian inspirational book.  Just what I needed.  And might I say, from my experience, when you are kind and gentle to others, you always get back more than you give.  

Honored Contributor

I'm glad your chance meeting turned into a friendship. That lady probably feels so lucky to have met you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wonderful story and it caused tears in  my eyes! So heartwarming and such a blessing to all of you! God Bless.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Simply beautiful story. Blessings to you both.

Respected Contributor

Great story!Heart

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

What a blessing and beautiful story. I believe many times... GOD sends you people at the right time.  

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

What happened to this lady, I have seen before......a couple moves with the encouragement of friends but when the main "friend" DIES the other spouse is no longer included in the group.  That is why I always recommend that people creAte friends on their own via possibly going to a senior center of other venue.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Valued Contributor

I love, no, LOVE this story.  Thank you for being there for her.  As a widow myself, without a lot of family or friends, I can guarantee you and your husband have  enhanced her life so much.  You have warmed my heart