Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

It used to be so much fun to watch the award shows to see all the beautiful dresses and gowns, and Hollywood was  glamourous and set the fashion trends.....BUT NO MORE--- Now they wear as little as possible to get noticed and get that publicity!!! And Hollywood no longer sets fashion trends..they dress so awful no one wants to imitate them!!!.(and gee i'm not really all that old!)

I thought it was funny when I read that Madonna's kids were embarrassed about the "coffee table" book Madonna did where she posed nude in pictures. She embarrased her own biological kids ages 20 and 17....Woman LOL  (I guess her kids have morals and she doesnt)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma

It used to be so much fun to watch the award shows to see all the beautiful dresses and gowns, and Hollywood was  glamourous and set the fashion trends.....BUT NO MORE--- Now they wear as little as possible to get noticed and get that publicity!!! And Hollywood no longer sets fashion trends..they dress so awful no one wants to imitate them!!!.(and gee i'm not really all that old!)

I thought it was funny when I read that Madonna's kids were embarrassed about the "coffee table" book Madonna did where she posed nude in pictures. She embarrased her own biological kids ages 20 and 17....Woman LOL  (I guess her kids have morals and she doesnt)

Are you saying that women who pose nude have no morals?

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird I don’t think they expect their customers to dress as Amish. I think they expect their customers to cover their “goods“ and not have bad language on their clothes or “juicy” written across their a**. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma

@Spurt, ITA.  I havent watched the award shows in many years, however, I always loved looking at all of the dresses and gowns afterwards. I havent done that now in a couple of years. If people are half naked, there isnt much to look at. I no longer find it fun or interesting.

Showing a little cleavage and leg is one thing, but if some of them knew how awful they looked.....

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The exhibitionist behavior we see in indicative of the times in which we're living.  The really isn't a darn thing we can do about it.

Yes, there is.  Speak up. Point out.  Model in your own life what you want to see around you.  Good example is far more persuasive than words.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'M NOT A PRUDE...BUT

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I hear ya and I agree.  People will say --- what's your problem, grannie --- are you jealous???  No, I am not jealous!  I think you can look cute, feminine, even se*y, and not show everything you have, and not wear everything so tight, short, or low cut. I don't think it looks nice to go to such extremes, it just looks trashy.

I agree about the short-shorts.  I see some young, and I mean young, teen girls wearing these things and I think --- what are the parents thinking???  

Here's another scenario.  DH and I were at a big box home goods store the other door.  This woman came bouncing through --- with a skin tight sports bra on and the tightest pair of yoga pants ever.  It was quite obvious that no undergraments were in place.

I get it that it's everone's right to wear what you want, but sheesh, I agree with Lindsays Grandma!!! 

@AngelPuppy1  @Mominohio 

@VivianFlorimond

Its just like movies and TV shows today--nothing is left to the imagination---thats why I prefer movies from the 30s/40s....you could feel the passion through the screen.....and yet they were fully clothed---its called ACTING!!!  Good plots and good writing too. Made way before my time, but I enjoy them more than then the stuff of today! 

Talk about that woman---we went to a high school football game and young girl about 15/16, skin tight tank top with no bra...of course all the teenagers (paticularly the guys sitting around us were talking about her)......did her parents even notice or care how she was dressed?....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

With celebrities - I think it's a constant need on their part to be "out there" and noticed. 

They want to be on the news and will do and/or say just about anything to get publicity.

And?  

Why would anyone care if this is even true?  Why would anyone care if anyone (celebrity or not) had "a constant need" to be noticed?

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Pook  What you are describing is anarchy.  We have laws and standards of acceptible dress in public.  Those should certainly be judged and enforced. So yes it is a duty and an obligation of citizens and law enforcement to JUDGE and that's what we are supposed to do.

Otherwise we have anarchy.  Chaos.  So you simply don't believe there are limits and rights and wrongs?  Anything goes?  Please let us know.

And the Amaish do judge.  They are quite happy to shun someone and cast them out for not following their rules. And here we are talking about US laws, not laws in some other country where nudity or near is customary there. 

Wait a minute. You think there should be laws agains dressing in skimpy clothes? Or are you talking about complete nudity? Should someone showing cleavage or wearing super tight, short shorts be arrested or cited? Exactly what are you saying here? I'm trying to get clarification because your comment seems totally over-the-top and militant.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Re: I'M NOT A PRUDE...BUT

[ Edited ]

Though I have a nice body, I prefer to lead with something else. Besides, I’m happily married and I I don’t want that kind of attention from other men. 

That said, I’m not overly concerned with what others do.  

Honored Contributor

I wonder if some here go around throwing tarps over the great works of art that display the naked human form.

Our "immoral" culture didn't invent nudity or celebration of same.

I'd bring up what I believe to be real immoral behavior in this country, but that's another topic and I'd probably get poofed.