Super Contributor

I recently got an ipad (on the Q) and am enjoying it so much and going on FB and Instagram and just googleing etc.   I am also amazed at all these pictures of the Kardasheins etc. showing off in these skimpy clothes and bathing strings.  I like fashion also but these people are just taking pictures like crazy.  Do they do anything else during the day besides selfies?????

Respected Contributor

They are famous for being famous!  The youngest if the bunch will be a billionaire by age 20.  Her name is on a line of cosmetics aimed at young girls.   

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I didn't hear anyone that thinks it's ok to show private parts. They do it without anyone's permission. The only recourse is not to look

@cherry, the problem is that what one person defines as "private" is obviously different from what another person thinks is private. It's a matter of degree.

I happen not to fret about deep cleavage, string bikini views on the beach, or micro mini skirts. Others seem to take it very personally.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Thebig I wrote:

I  dont know which is worse, the problem you described in our culture OR the need to defend your position.

You are so right.

Defend your position and you are called all sorts of negative things.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Thebig I wrote:

I  dont know which is worse, the problem you described in our culture OR the need to defend your position.

@Thebig IYou are right.  Opinions are censored now.  We do live with the thought police don't we?

My interpretation of @Lindsays Grandma's comment was that she can't post more specifically here, on the forums.    It has nothing to do with "thought police" but only that the site is privately-owned, has published standards to which we agree when we visit here, and is moderated for content as it always has been.   Posters sometimes criticize QVC for trying to restrict content here...  the fact is that this site is very public, all our posts show up -- sometimes very prominently -- in the major internet searches, so if QVC Corporate chooses to keep the forums active they have to "censor" the content.   I wanted to mention this only as a heads up because I think some posters aren't aware just how exposed these threads and posts are on internet search engines.  

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Thebig I wrote:

@Thebig IYou are right.  Opinions are censored now.  We do live with the thought police don't we?

My interpretation of @Lindsays Grandma's comment was that she can't post more specifically here, on the forums.    It has nothing to do with "thought police" but only that the site is privately-owned, has published standards to which we agree when we visit here, and is moderated for content as it always has been.   Posters sometimes criticize QVC for trying to restrict content here...  the fact is that this site is very public, all our posts show up -- sometimes very prominently -- in the major internet searches, so if QVC Corporate chooses to keep the forums active they have to "censor" the content.   I wanted to mention this only as a heads up because I think some posters aren't aware just how exposed these threads and posts are on internet search engines.  

Your first sentence says it loud and clear thank you.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Contributor

Re: I'M NOT A PRUDE...BUT

[ Edited ]

AMEN!!! Well stated, Junebug54, I so heartily agree! This thread started out as a simple opinion of 'dress code'------cause lately we are seeing many celebrities, and many who think they are celebrities, a fraction away from basic nudity! Why even bother with the pieces they do wear? Ridiculous! My gosh, they look like cheap trashy streetwalkers! What is wrong with these females? They have no class or self-respect whatsoever! It's fine to show a part of a woman's body, be it at the top, or part of your leg, but for heaven's sake, showing most of your body, and your under garments, and using pasties, is just simply not acceptable! (There are designated clubs for that where men like to go, you know what I mean.) A few posters on this thread certainly got sarcastic about this subject, which is so not necessary. It is just a discussion referencing how people feel with what is being seen on TV, online, and in magazines. What happened to morals, and dressing with class? That's when a person is enticing, appealing, and can even be admired.

As for seeing the way the younger generations are dressing----especially when going to school, when your mind should be on learning scholastically, not anatomically----absolutely boggles my mind! And yes, it's the parents fault, that's how they are being raised-----idiots who don't care, let the kids run their own lives, and look what is happening. 

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Thebig I wrote:

You are so right.

Defend your position and you are called all sorts of negative things.

Hyacinth

It's pretty crazy when you are called neg things when all you want is to not have to look at other peoples PRIVATE parts hanging out. YUCK! I sure don't want to.