Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes ........I go to pet lovers, home, recipes, kitchen, shoes, fashion and sometimes beauty and there is less judgement on those forums.  Also under my favorite brand is a list of other forums, tho they are not visited as much they are less critical.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes ...Boy, did your thread hit a raw nerve.  I don't know if you noticed, a day or two ago I submitted, just for the fun of it, a short thread and oh my, the negative responses that hit the boards were unbelievable. 

It seems that many people today do not see the humor that is right in front of their eyes and take things way too seriously, resulting in them verbally attacking and insulting the person who submitted the thread/post.  I have been on the boards since 2007 and sadly much of the pleasure there once was here has been taken away by the Nay-Sayers.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

Don't stop posting, all posters have been through this on forums.

As someone upthread mentioned, the written word is much harder to interpret without having tone of voice, facial expressions, etc.

After many apologies and clarifications on many threads, I learned that you have to choose your words carefully, to try to convey that you're making a joke.

Another poster here mentioned using emojis to reflect humor, that also helps a lot.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm hearing you loud and clear............I've been jumped on more than once.  Reader read what they wanted to read and it wasn't even close to my posting. 

I think some posters just sit at their computer and can't wait to post something - anything - whether it makes sense or not.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'M LEARNING

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes  IMO, since we do not know who the audience is, I am very careful about what I write here especially when it comes to "humor" which can be misinterpreted.  I have censored myself more than once and have tried to make neutral comments and yes, it is a learning experience.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I'm hearing you loud and clear............I've been jumped on more than once.  Reader read what they wanted to read and it wasn't even close to my posting. 

I think some posters just sit at their computer and can't wait to post something - anything - whether it makes sense or not.

@fthunt 

Agreed.....but you left out those posters that can't wait to start an argument over nothing.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: I'M LEARNING

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes 

I have had a TKN on the same knee twice.  Thought your post was funny.  Ditto the Valentine post.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom Yes........and that too.  One of my post was just a reply about food - so I wrote about Wegman's nice Asian section...........WHAM the reply was  what I had against Asian people.  (can you believe)

#2  Again just a reply, I wasn't the OP.  Re:  certain fish from QVC - I just didn't like that kind of fish - bought to try - threw out several prices.  WHAM - we struggle with our $$$ and you throw food out!

What?  Should I keep it in my freezer for.........4 ever?

Got to walk on Eggs around here.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  I find it doesn't matter what your intent is when you compose a post, people take what they want from your post and add their own ideas or what they want your post to say. I do that too, but try to stay on post so to speak.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes    Without being overly cautious about it, I have also learned to think more, post less. 

I know of your Valentine's Day thread but not the other.  For the former, I remember a majority of the posts (including mine) being very positive.  So....do pay more attention to those, although I know the others may take up more space in your head 😊