Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Like to Think I Live an Honorable, Decent Life

I don't blame you a bit, @Its Me LuLuBelle2!!!

I would've been struggling to contain myself, too!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I need to give you all more of this entire convoluted story - and I'll try to boil it down in the shortest way possible.  The nasty neighbor is not even a home owner.  He and his wife are tenants in an illegal apartment built by the homeowners - who have been renting out an illegal apartment for several years.  The previous tenants laid low, never bothered anyone and we on our road looked the other way as we figured the actual homeowners needed the extra cash.   Big mistake on our part.

When these two latest tenants moved in, they moved in their commercial business with them.   We live on a small private road (only one car can get through at a time) and are zoned for single family residential homes only (NO accessory apartments) and NO commercial business.  The traffic and the construction noise the tenants brought with them is at the point of unbearable.

We and another neighbor have brought suit against the homeowners (we tried talking to them but have gotten no where) and their tenants (living in our single family home neighborhood illegally) and their construction business (based here illegally). We have been going through the court system for over 2 years.  Us, and our other neighbor involved in the lawsuit have endured harassment, but kinda borderline and tough to prove.  We both have pictures, we document conversations, incidents and details, but again nothing to get police involvement.  We both are disappointed that our other neighbors know what's going on, but don't want to get involved in this lengthy, costly process and don't step up to the plate, but do understand they don't want to be hassled like we have been.

Bottom line, I think what happened today was meant to send a message.  Well message sent, message received.  And if these dirtbag homeowners and their dirtbag tenants think we'll back down, shame on them.  They have only strengthened our resolve to go forward.  Mess with us, mess with our property, but don't even think to mess with our beautiful, helpless, innocent dog.  

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2-

I am so sorry and angry for you.

That is just awful and I wish you and your neighbors and your sweet dog did not have to go thru this!

It sounds lie you took great care of her poor paws.

I hope you all win this battle with these homeowners. Sometimes these kind of people just make you hate people.

Its very hard to understand how some can act not like humans with any feelings for others at all.

I wish we all here could be your neighbors! We would join you in your fight!

🙏 !

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2-

I am so sorry and angry for you.

That is just awful and I wish you and your neighbors and your sweet dog did not have to go thru this!

It sounds lie you took great care of her poor paws.

I hope you all win this battle with these homeowners. Sometimes these kind of people just make you hate people.

Its very hard to understand how some can act not like humans with any feelings for others at all.

I wish we all here could be your neighbors! We would join you in your fight!

🙏 !

@on the bay

Sign me up! I'd be there, loaded for bear!!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Take your temper and go get in that's guy's face.  

Esteemed Contributor

That's awful, @Its Me LuLuBelle2.  I feel for you.

I've been a victim of neighbor harassment.  It is unbelievably cruel, especially coming from people we've tried to show kindness and tolerance towards.  One can rise above only to a point.  

Living under the spectre of escalation and retaliation is awful, and in one's own home.  Security is lost, and with that, the ability to live with pride and personal power, and joy.  I was able to put on a good front but inside I was chipping away.

That episode is over now, for me, and those neighbors are still there.  I tried to take lessons from the ordeal.  They have to live with themselves.  Reap, and you will sow.

I hope those "neighbors" of yours get what is coming to them, and that you survive the process.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Have you tried going to the Zoning Board to file a complaint?

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

You go get 'em!

What a despicable thing to do.

I am behind you and your fight against these disgusting people. 

I am glad that your dog is O.K. 

Regular Contributor

LuLu no matter how far you go or how much property it seems you just can't escape. I know this probably affects you on a daily basis. It just made my blood boil when I read the 2nd part of your story. Please stay strong and good luck

Honored Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

I would have gone out and confronted him. 

Why?  What good would that have done?  Her dog was still injured and they guy would have ignored her or claimed he didn't do it or it was accicent.   There's no take back on such a thing and fighting with someone just for the sake of fighting just leads to more trouble.