Valued Contributor

I Like to Think I Live an Honorable, Decent Life

[ Edited ]

I try to live my life honorably, above board, decently and with forgiveness and above all, with humor.  But sometimes lowlifes make me so angry I forget the moral compass I try to live by.  Today, one of my nasty neighbor's numerous contractors threw a glass bottle into my driveway. We own 4 acres, are constantly picking up contractor trash on our property, but throwing a glass bottle on our asphalt driveway - really?!?  I watched him do it. Unfortunately my beautiful 14 1/2 year old muttley (who was rescued from execution in Georgia, pregnant, had heartworm and brought to NY where I adopted her 13 years ago) was a couple of feet away.  When I got to her she had already walked through it.  Her two back paws were cut up pretty badly.  I pulled the glass out, cleaned her paws and bandaged her up.  Thankfully she's okay.

What the hell kind of sicko, twisted SOB feels the need to hurt a beautiful innocent dog?  And yes, I think it was a deliberate, malicious act.  I'm so angry I could spit.  BTW, my neighbor is trying to back pedal it as an "accident."  Throwing a glass bottle, into an asphalt driveway is an accident?  Not buying what he's selling!

Thanks for letting me vent.  LuLu

Respected Contributor

Re: I Like to Think I Live an Honorable, Decent Life

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  I think this is really awful - my sympathies are with you and your beautiful dog.    You say you saw the person throw the glass bottle - will he be returning to work for your neighbors? as if so you can identify him or if not I would track him down - I am very vengeful where animals are concerned.

So very sirry you are having to deal with this.

Valued Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  I think this is really awful - my sympathies are with you and your beautiful dog.    You say you saw the person throw the glass bottle - will he be returning to work for your neighbors? as if so you can identify him or if not I would track him down - I am very vengeful where animals are concerned.

So very sirry you are having to deal with this.

@dulwich, Oh I sure do know he is.  I've told my neighbor if he ever comes here again, I will be going after both him and his contractor with all I can.  My neighbor assured me he will not be returning.  We shall see. 

Thank you so much for your very kind words. LuLu

Trusted Contributor

I would have gone out and confronted him. 

Valued Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

@Equuleus, He didn't hang around to be confronted.  I went and confronted his boss (my neighbor) instead.

Trusted Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 ~ Umm, yeah ~ that would p--s me off, too.  When it comes to my animals I have no filter ~ and no control.  I look at it this way ~ do what you need to do and direct it at me.  At least I can fight back.  My animals?  By the time I'm done you'll wish a hole would open up in the ground and you could disappear into it.  

I'm sorry this happened but I am glad everyone is okay.  I would be very clear with regard to your neighbor.  Tell him/her the next time you won't be in such a good mood therefore there best not be a next time.

I used to think if only I can have acreage all my problems would disppear.  I guess not.  :-(

Trusted Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

@Equuleus, He didn't hang around to be confronted.  I went and confronted his boss (my neighbor) instead.

Oh, so your neighbor is the contractor's boss?  Sounds like real scum..  I am so sorry your poor dog was hurt.  I hope the outcome of all this will be in your favor.  Too bad you didn't have one of those camera things people are having installed. 

Honored Contributor

Tell your neighbor if there is any more trash throwing or anyting else, you'll call the police and make a report against everyone/anyone involved.

I'm so sorry your dog was hurt.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry that happened to you and your dog. 

In this day and age, I would be hesitant to "confront" anyone.  You have no idea what type of crazy you could be dealing with, including if a weapon is involved.

I would have called the police. 

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Any decent, licensed contractor should be able to do projects/work in a neat, safe way.

Hope your dear dog's paws will be completely healed and pain free very soon.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).