Esteemed Contributor

Re: I LOVE to iron.......but this is stupid

Funny. I iron. Once a year when my husband has his bosses meeting lol. Otherwise everything is wash and wear now days, no wrinkles. I remember my Nana sprinkling wash and ironing it. And she ironed everything! (bedding, undies, you name it!)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

I consider all ironing to be extreme.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Ironing is rhythmic and relaxing and something I can do well while spacing out and meditating on the mysteries of the universe. I found it jarring to see that couple running with ironing boards on their backs. I had to stop the video

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Shorty2U said:

Funny. I iron. Once a year when my husband has his bosses meeting lol. Otherwise everything is wash and wear now days, no wrinkles. I remember my Nana sprinkling wash and ironing it. And she ironed everything! (bedding, undies, you name it!)

My mom did the same and I was assigned the task of ironing my dad's underwear and handkerchiefs. No wonder I hate ironing.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

I like to iron my pillowcases. Makes them so slick and soft. They are High TC Italian sheets and cases. I hang sheets to dry on the line, and that is good enough, but I do iron cases. That is it for me. I have a great Rowenta, and that helps. I watch TV as Iron

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/20/2015 shoekitty said:

I like to iron my pillowcases. Makes them so slick and soft. They are High TC Italian sheets and cases. I hang sheets to dry on the line, and that is good enough, but I do iron cases. That is it for me. I have a great Rowenta, and that helps. I watch TV as Iron

I do the same. I love the way a ironed cotton pillowcase feels. I set up the ironing board, turn on thenTV and go to it.
Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Cakers1 said:

raven: There is something seriously wrong with loving to iron.

HAHAHAHA...........I know..........but you know it's like vacuuming and I love to do that too.........it's a sense of accomplishment...........wrinkles there...now they're gone........wrinkles there...and now they're gone.........power trip LOL..................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

My ditzy friend needs that cordless iron. She once said she can't iron because she's left handed and the cord gets in the way. We all shouted, "Stand on the other side!!!"
Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2015 VanSleepy said: My ditzy friend needs that cordless iron. She once said she can't iron because she's left handed and the cord gets in the way. We all shouted, "Stand on the other side!!!"

I drove my grandmother crazy because I iron left handed....she would always tell me I was on the wrong side of the ironing board.........I'm right handed, BUT, when I was little I was left handed......I had an aunt that was a teacher and she and my grandmother made me right handed......my aunt said she saw too many students that had difficulty being left handed and they had horrible hand writing.......so they made me use my right hand.........there are lots of things that stayed left handed.......I even slalom water ski with my left leg in front, when it should be my right..........so.........they only HALF succeeded LOL........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Valued Contributor

I can't even remember where the equipment is...