Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Know There Is No Good Answer But.........

@Stray  AMEN!!!   What is with some people - where is some compassion for the mother and child.

Respected Contributor

maybe the mother needed money and had someone take it because she knows people will believe her.   I don't know why she didn't just dry it off.    I think a lot of times stories like this are odd.    maybe she was going to punish the daughter by taking it away from her for a while.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovescats    Are you serious? Wow!

Esteemed Contributor

@lovescats  For the love for everything that is holy, really? 

#1, is was her 5 yr. old SON.  Punish a little kid with traumatic brain injury by having someone take his chair.  He can only walk a few feet at a time with a walker, Chances are she would have to carry him. Yeah, take his chair, that will show him.

It obviously wasn't a matter for just drying it off.

Honored Contributor

@Forbidden Fruit 

However, you provided mall security with the opportunity to steal the cash and the option of blaming, you who turned it in, for any missing money.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Kachina624    Not very nice comment.  People make mistakes.   The thief is the problem not the mother

@Teddixat    We'll have to agree to disagree.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Do you lock your car?

Would you leave your handbag on the seat, door unlocked, and car running? Will your insurance policy cover the loss if it's stolen? Mine won't. Would you leave your child unattended in the park? Would you leave your dog outside and go shopping? Would you tell neighbors that you keep a few thousand in your freezer for ready cash in an emergency? I wouldn't.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regular Contributor

@occasionalrain 

That is true, that could have happened.  But it did NOT.  What should I have done then? I guess I could have just left the purse/money laying there.  I think if you have a chance to help someone, you should. 

Honored Contributor

I have sympathy for her, but it's tempered by her irresponsibility. An inexpensive bike lock attaching it to the porch railing, a fake security sign may have prevented the theft, or at least shown she tried to protect it.