Honored Contributor

Re: I Know There Is No Good Answer But.........

@RetRN wrote:

There are idiots out there who will take anything they can sell. They figure it is easier than working. Sad but true. And some people are simply evil.

@RetRN They are thieves.  They are evil.  And it is easier than working now, and self respect apparently is no longer an issue.  Nor is jail.

Respected Contributor

So wrong. Makes me sick- 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

There are idiots out there who will take anything they can sell. They figure it is easier than working. Sad but true. And some people are simply evil.

@RetRN They are thieves.  They are evil.  And it is easier than working now, and self respect apparently is no longer an issue.  Nor is jail.

@Sooner  These thieves have no self respect. This is how they have always been. Doubt they ever worked. It’s just more out in the open now.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @CrazyKittyLvr2  that is not true.  the seats are foam and have removable covers both of which are washable and need to ary dry.  Bless this family.  i hope the chair is returned or can be replaced without delay.  

Honored Contributor

@mizree   You must have used a different wheelchair than i.  I recall slipping into one in the middle of a winter night and that plastic was cold as an ice cube.  An absorbant seat would be a problem for many incontinent patients.  Perhaps you're thinking of a cushion that was added.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

If the neighborhood where this happened finds out about it, hopefully they will make up money to replace it.

Or they could do a gofundme, why not, people make those for the silliest of reasons...........

Esteemed Contributor

Well, since I'm not an expert on wheelchairs, I will give the mother the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't as simple she was too lazy or dumb to just wipe it off.

Honored Contributor

It's a "hot" item that everyone knows about now and not easy to fence.  It'll probably turn up in a back alley somewhere in the area abandoned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The answer is entitlement. Don't work, steal whatever you want and the bottom line no punishment. It has become the way of life for many with no moral compass. Sad for the little boy who is suffering from this criminal behavior.

Go fund me was set up to help many in dire straits not for those that are frauds. Another way to get people's sympathy and pretend to be your friend. I say beware.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

One of the not-too-bright is the mother who set it in the front yard.  I live in a safe neighborhood but am very conscious of what I leave out front, if only briefly.  If it was wet, she should have taken a towel and dried it off.

I see more and more people like you who choose to blame the victim. How sad.