Trusted Contributor

Re: I Know I Did the Right Thing, But My Heart is Still Breaking (WARNING! Sad Animal Story!)

I read your post, but cannot read the responses as I know I will start crying (at work).

God bless you for what you did.  Thank you.  There is a special place in heaven (or wherever one believes) for people like you who care for precious furry babies.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Know I Did the Right Thing, But My Heart is Still Breaking (WARNING! Sad Animal Story!)

@Plaid Pants2 - (((((hugs)))))  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Spoiler

@Shaunac wrote:

I read your post, but cannot read the responses as I know I will start crying (at work).

God bless you for what you did.  Thank you.  There is a special place in heaven (or wherever one believes) for people like you who care for precious furry babies.

Everythng she said.  Hugs plaid pants

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you had to go through that, Plaid Pants. I know that was awful to watch. Smiley Sad You did the right thing, though.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Again, I wanted to thank everyone for your kind words. They help.

I still have moments of tears, but it wasn't even a question of if I should help. I knew that if I did nothing, that the guilt would have eaten me alive, and that karma would punish me for it.

Yes, I have thought, "If only I got there a few moments later, the cat would have been okay."

I didn't want the cat to die a slow, painful death, all alone.

Again, the guilt thing.

Last night I hugged my two cats tighter, and cried in to their fur.

I know that the cat is no longer in pain, and is at the Bridge, and that helps.

It's just going to take time, that's all.

But as I said, it wasn't even a question of getting involved.

I just knew that I had to. 

I knew that I had to come to the aid and rescue of that poor helpless cat.

I just had to.

I just had to.

Honored Contributor

I totally understand, it's so hard to see an animals life cut short right in front of you. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval