Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Know I Did the Right Thing, But My Heart is Still Breaking (WARNING! Sad Animal Story!)

"Whatever you did for the least of them, you did for me." (Loosely quoted). 

In my eyes, you are a Saint. Thank you for your compassion.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Re: I Know I Did the Right Thing, But My Heart is Still Breaking (WARNING! Sad Animal Story!)

PLAID PANTS- You did EVERY LOVING THING that could be done!!!!!!

How grateful I am to read that there are people still around who are as animal obsessed as I am.

I am absolutely opposed to allowing cats to roam except in very unusual circumstances. We only have INSIDE cats. 

On the slim assumption that the kitty escaped from its house, you ministered to it with maximum concern and affection.

THANK YOU for what you did.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry that you had to experience such a traumatic event.  This is probably going to sound stupid and I'm not sure how to write it but here it goes.  Yes, the cat suffered a cruelty by a human being that was driving a car.  Before it crossed the rainbow bridge, it did experience kindness from a human (you) that recognized it was special and precious and not some piece of garbage to be left discarded on the road. 

The cat could have lay there and suffered an agony death and you interceded to find a qualified person to end it's suffering and show it kindness.

Bless you for that and try to find comfort that the little cat is running around and playing with other animals on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

You did the right thing. Poor kitty needed help and you provided that instead of driving on by. The world needs more people like you. You may not know who the owners were, but I'd be grateful if someone provided care for my animal. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

I am so sorry you had to experience something this terrible. It tells me all I need to know about who you really are and your caring fir living creatures. Very few people would go to the lengths you did to help this suffering animal.

Hopefully you will recognize the good you did for this cat and this will help dim the painful part of this very sad experience. 

This is only 1 of many terrible and painful things that happens to cats when their owners let them go outside the safety of their homes.

Thank you for caring and doing so much to help this helpless kitty. There will beautiful places for people like you when life as we know it is over. My best wishes for you having to deal with such a sad and mentally painful experience.  Bless you!

hckynut(john)

What John said!

Thank you and bless you for caring so much!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Sorry you had to go through this; is there any update from the vet hospital where you gave the kitty to them?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
QVC Customer Care

@Plaid Pants2 I am so sorry for you!! I can only imagine how difficult this must have been. So So Sad Smiley Sad 

Esteemed Contributor

You did the right thing.  In driver's training when I was a teen.  We were instructed to do 'the right thing' when an animal is injured and in agony or pay or worse.  It is considered humane and the right thing to do. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Contributor

You absolutely 100% did the right thing given the circumstances.

Honored Contributor

It's not your fault that the other driver hit the cat. You did waht you could and more than what many people would do, in trying to find medical care for it. If the cat only had a broken hip or leg they can do surgery and repair it. I once hit my own dog that ran right in front of my truck coming out of no where. He had surgery and was fine. If anything at least the cat didn't die a slow painful death. I'm so sorry you had that happen.  

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval