Respected Contributor

I Just Sold My Old Sewing Machine

I've had a sewing machine that I haven't used for quite some time sitting in the closet.  When I was cleaning out that closet today I decided to see if I could sell it on FaceBook Marketplace.  

I took pictures and posted it.  Within 10 minutes I had a lot of offers for my original asking price.  Because of the pandemic everyone is making masks and it seems sewing machines are a hot item.

So, if you have one that you don't use anymore you may want to think about selling it.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Sold My Old Sewing Machine

Since you knew you weren't going to use it, I'm glad that worked out for you. 

I'm living in a short term rental with most of my household goods in storage, including two sewing machines.  I can't wait to have them back again!

A few days ago, I made a hand sewn face mask.  It's hideous!   

Honored Contributor

I don't use mine often anymore but when I need it, I SERIOUSLY NEED it.  If nothing else, I need to hem all the Q pants that are always too long.  It'll probably  be buried with me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    Yes!   Have had friends tell me how much they pay a seamstress to hem pants.  This is so easy to do with a basic sewing machine.  

Honored Contributor

@september    I can't believe how many women can't do a simple hem in a pair of pants.  Even my son taught himself how to hem his pants.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment