Respected Contributor

I Just Received An Automated Phone Call From The IRS And Said Am Being Sued!

The phone number that they left is not an IRS number I just looked it up. Is this considered Idenity Fraud to Theft? Should I report this? I am going to check out the Equifax, Experian and Trans Union and see if they has been unusual activity. And how did they get my number it is unlisted.Has this ever happened to you or anyone else you know?

Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Received An Automated Phone Call From The IRS And Said Am Being Sued!

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Warns-of-Pervasive-Telephone-Scam

hit when I googled it. I get emails about this sometimes too. It is fake/fraud.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Re: I Just Received An Automated Phone Call From The IRS And Said Am Being Sued!

It's a big fat scam and hoax. It's been in some threads here and in the news. The con artists are creepy.Smiley Sad

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

There have been MANY news segments warning people about this ..... call the REAL IRS and report it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You might also want to place a call to your local Police Dept, too.

Respected Contributor

It's a scam; IRS wouldn't contact you that way.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

There have been MANY news segments warning people about this ..... call the REAL IRS and report it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Good luck calling the IRS this time of year. You'll be on hold for an hour. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

For the OP, how did they "get" your number? Auto Dialers call sequential numbers. 555-1234, 555-1235, etc.

The IRS doesn't need to "sue" anyone. They can pretty much take what they want.

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

I agree. Call the official IRS Office and the local police.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Super Contributor

Take it from experience...the IRS, Police etc. are not interested in you filing a complaint unless you were dumb enough to give the scammers money.

I started getting these calls in November the first one called me three times in one day the last call leaving a message saying that the police were coming for me. Imagine my shock and surprise when visiting my mom the next day my car was blocked in by a county cop...who then proceeded to shoot the neighbors dog. Of course he wasn't there for me, but it made me a bit nervous LOL.

So far I have gotten calls from "Rand Black" who speaks with a very thick eastern Indian accent and ends each conversation with God Bless.

"Kevin Smith" has left multiple messages on my voice mail, again thick accent...and "Officer Perez" has called once, also a thick eastern Indian accent.

From what my research has shown...this scam is out of Pakistan.

Valued Contributor

Scam, there are lots of these calls being made.
Respected Contributor

i call the local police and maybe the state attorney general's office. lots of scams going around, some have involved phoney police.

watch out and tell the elderly to be careful too.