Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Just Got Back From the Grocery Store And ...

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Are you sure 30 rolls of TP will last you almost a year?

I read earlier the average person uses 100 rolls per year. LOL!!!

@Nightowlz @Anonymous032819 

I'm glad you said this because I was embarrassed to admit I was doing the math on this one.

So even not counting March, 30 rolls/9 months equals 3 rolls/month usage.

Or do they look like this:Woman Surprised

Image result for large toilet paper roll

LOL!

No, the rolls don't look like that, but I do get the "double" rolls.

And your math is correct, that is about how much I average per month.

When there is only one person, using the only toilet in the house, not that much is used on a daily basis.

Well guess wht, mine looks like that LOL Smiley Very Happy.  I order direct from Charmin with free delivery and it is Ultra Soft.  I order three times a year and placed an order just before the panic buying started so I am good to go.  I hated to change the rolls so this is perfect for me.  (I love my comfy too)  

Honored Contributor

@Ms Tink wrote:

Guess I'm the oddball here. I'm stocking up on anything. I feel this coronavirus is being blown out of portion and I feel it's a political and fake media attempt to flare up the general public. Not ONE hospital in our area had curb visitation for visitors. A few nursing homes have limited to visitors.

I learned as a small child to wash my hands frequently times during the day. TV has nothing on telling me how to wash them.

I'm going to continue living on as I have and if I die it's because it's my time to go ladies.  Smiley Happy So if you don't see me around it could mean I don't check in daily or weekly or it means I've gone on to my eternal home. 

LOL LOL LOL

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Im in Texas....

I ordered my groceries through Instacart for early delivery this morning...The shopper said they had everything on my list with one exception, the cat food brand my kitties eat, I had to substitute for a similar kind, same brand....The guy said the store had plenty of everything else .....even toilet paper..

My cats do not like the similar kind of cat food in the same brand I hope yours do.

We stocked up on cat food Monday, we wouldn't be able to tolerate our old cat Moe, he is senile and he wants what he wants.

Honored Contributor

You might chat to a Chewy rep about that, @Spurt.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

No hand sanitizer at stores, Amazon, etc  I tried the drug store, they're out too.  We found distilled water, but I noticed the bottles of pure water are low on the shelf.   We have plenty of the anti-bacterial liquid soap at home, but I don't see them in the store..

@songbird 

Your best bet would probably be Wal-Mart. Just keep checking their site online to see if they have stock in your store since they won't ship it.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I picked up an order at Walmart.  They had no toilet paper or the soup that I wanted.  The boy said they got a truckload of bottled water that sold out in minutes...now that mystified me.  We have good water so I never, ever buy it.

@Kachina624 

I don't need bottled water either. It's a good thing since I drink over a gallon per day. We just bought a new reverse osmosis system with black light that also sanitizes the water. If we were to have a problem with our local water dept I could fill large jugs with water.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline wrote:

Wally World today cleaned out of TP, tissues, paper towels, Lyson wipes including generic. NO Hand sanitizer

No Peanut Butter, Cereals picked over, no chicken of any kind, no baked beans, no rice.

Aldis had no TP . a few ladies were pushing their carts around saying geez they could have left a few rolls for others.

Starting tomorrow, Shaw's has a coupon for Charmin, 9 Mega Roll pak 8.99. MUST BUY 2.  lol any other time requirement to buy 2 would be a deterrant. Sending DH out first thing! 

@CatsyCline 

I was just at our Wally World Mon. They had all those items except lysol or clorox wipes. They did have some lysol liquid cleaning products, clorox. The tp was half gone. They had plenty of kleenex.

I bought several jars of lightly salted peanuts to make peanut butter with.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

No matter how bad this gets, I will never reveal my toilet habits. :-)

@suzyQ3 

We have plenty of tp but if it gets really bad & we run out I will have to jump in the shower to use the hand held spraying to clean up. LOL!!! It will be a hassle but probably the easiest.

They said after all the tp flew off the shelves that people were searching bidet's.

I guess some are resorting to paper towels. Hope they know you cannot flush that down the toilet.

Respected Contributor

I hope that means that stores are starting to restock.  My local Kroger stores are terrible at keeping the shelves stocked on a regular basis never mind what is happening now so I won't even bother to look there anymore.  I have extra in the house, but if I come across some, I'll pick up a few more.

Honored Contributor

@Ms Tink wrote:

Guess I'm the oddball here. I'm stocking up on anything. I feel this coronavirus is being blown out of portion and I feel it's a political and fake media attempt to flare up the general public. Not ONE hospital in our area had curb visitation for visitors. A few nursing homes have limited to visitors.

I learned as a small child to wash my hands frequently times during the day. TV has nothing on telling me how to wash them.

I'm going to continue living on as I have and if I die it's because it's my time to go ladies.  Smiley Happy So if you don't see me around it could mean I don't check in daily or weekly or it means I've gone on to my eternal home. 

@Ms Tink   Aww please don't say that. 

(But will you leave me your toilet paper?)

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh